Problems converting compatible videos for the coby mp-805

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the COBY MP-805 2GB High-Resolution MP3 and Video Player. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Hi , I got a Coby MP-805 MP4 player for christmas. It cames with software to convert video files into a compatible format for the player. The software works well except for a couple of problems which are: it only has control over the aspect ratio which is very limited (get some distortion) and it does not seem to have the ability to select and convert an entire title set of vobs from a dvd. I tryed using AVS Video Converter and setting all the parameters to what is stated in the users manual which are: AVI files encoded with XVID at a resolution of 320x240 with a frame rate of 20 fps. After the conversion was complete I used GSPOT to confirm that all the parameters were as they should be. The only differences I could see was the XVID Codec version and some lines in the analysis part of GSPOT (that I don’t understand) but the parameters were as stated in the documentation. I don’t know a lot about digital video and audio so I am in hopes that someone can tell me of some other parameters or settings in the AVS Video Converter software (other than the ones stated in the documentation) that may correct this problem? The software it quite robust as far as settings and preferences. I just don’t know what it all means. Please Help!!!