Problems combining DVD home movies & JPG's

Have XP Home SP2
Nero 7 Essentials.

I am trying to create a DVD, by adding in photo (JPEG’s) and my saved DVD movies from my camcorder (I used Sony’s VRD MC3 Recorder). Seems all I can add are the movies.
I have tried the “Make a DVD” & the DVD Recode.

So - How does one combine both photos & moives onto a DVD- preferably in an orderly fashion (meaning by when the event was recorded) so that it all flows nicely when I put the finished product in my DVD player.

Nero is a poor tool for most of this sort of thing. Check out the tools at Ulead, they all have 30-day trials.

Nero came w/the DVD Recorder.
So rather not spend another $90 on a different software.
Just curious if any one at there using Nero - and it does seem so popular.

Have you used Ulead for making DVD’s from home videos & photos?

What you’re talking about is a slide show. Most any decent editing software will have the capability. If you’re going to be doing a lot of it, a slide show software is suggested. I like Proshow Gold. But I think Nero can do it too. But yes, any of the Ulead products have some measure of capability with this.

You might need to create separate MPEG files, one with video and one with the slide show, then combine them into a DVD with the authoring tools.

yes, Nero can do Slide Shows - and have made a few.
But combining the two…

So looks like I have to spend an afternoon making various slide shows & converting the home movies to a format and then edit so I have all on one DVD and in the order I want- say a quick video at the beginning,then a series of photos, then more video,then more photos…

Could there not be a software where I can open one menu, then click and drag the photos and videos into a time line?

Like I said, don’t do a DVD, create separate MPEG video files, then combine them later and create the DVD. But again, Nero is not the best tool for this type stuff.

Could there not be a software where I can open one menu, then click and drag the photos and videos into a time line?

Yes, Ulead will do it, as will most any dedicated editing tool. But there’s the expense and a considerable learning curve, so if you’re not doing a lot of this stick with what you have.

[QUOTE=sethm;1819269]Could there not be a software where I can open one menu, then click and drag the photos and videos into a time line?[/QUOTE]

So… this is 2009 - How did your project turn out? I am looking to do the same kind of thing (combine movies from my sony hdd camcorder and jpegs from a wedding - pretty much a one time deal. I have nero & kokak easyshare & Windows Movie Maker & muvee autoproducer 5 (none of which seem particularly good at doing what I’m trying to do) I also have a trial version of AVS4U but I’m not sure I want to spend the $60 to get the watermark removed - it seems to have issues too. if there was something reasonble to use for this, without a huge learning curve, I’d be willing to spend something for it.

If I recall -
I used Microsofts Photo Story, then (I think) burned it to a DVD using Nero.