Problems burning with SH-S203B

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Making many coasters with two Samsung Sh-S203b with firmware SB204

System: motherboard; asus p5e3 deluxe wifi
intel wolfdale 8500
two WD raptors striping
tried different media: verbatim, sony, ridata, memorex with failed burning at different speeds.

programs :clone dvd & dvdfab produces many coasters only program that seems to work is nero at 12x speed
any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,[QUOTE=lct20055;2094915][qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Making many coasters with two Samsung Sh-S203b with firmware SB204

System: motherboard; asus p5e3 deluxe wifi
intel wolfdale 8500
two WD raptors striping[/quote]Looks like a problematic setup:
A DVD burner connected to a Sata controller in Raid configuration is a hit-and-miss, also the additional Jmicron controller doesn’t like optical drives.
Where is your drive connected at the moment, and also information about the configuration of that controller and the drivers used, is needed.

Michael

dvd rom connected to sata 4
dvd connecter to sata 5&6
controller for this board is intel sata raid controller driver file version 7.5.0.1017
Also, I believe since the drive is set to raid then you don’t have the ability to set each individual sata to either ide,raid, achi
thanks again for trying to help me with this problem

Hi,

sorry, I have no idea what options you have with this board together with your Raid setup.
Make sure, you have the latest chipset and Sata drivers from Intel installed, also their Matrix Storage Manager software. Maybe this helps getting your drive working.

The last resort is always, to install a PCI Sata card with Silicon Image 3x12 or 3x14 chipset with Base Bios applied.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2095986]Hi,
The last resort is always, to install a PCI Sata card with Silicon Image 3x12 or 3x14 chipset with Base Bios applied.

Michael[/QUOTE]

if I do a pci card, I suppose I need to have to use “F6” or have the drivers integrated into the windows CD/DVD?

thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,[quote=jarthel;2097219]if I do a pci card, I suppose I need to have to use “F6” or have the drivers integrated into the windows CD/DVD?[/quote]If this is your only optical drive in the computer, you might indeed need a “F6 floppy” in order to install Windows. (I haven’t tried this myself.) But this also applies, if your drive is hooked up onto an oboard Sata controller that is configured as AHCI or Raid.
In case you have another drive hooked onto an onboard controller in IDE mode, you can install the drivers after having installed Windows, in that case, a F6 floppy is not required.

thank you :slight_smile:
You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

Michael