Problems burning with Dell BH20N crossflashed to HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08NS20

vbimport

I recently purhcased a Dell BH2ON and successfully crossflashed to HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08NS20 EL02-08 firmware which is connected to my onboard silicon image controller 3114 in ide mode. Early on Ive tried to burn a DVD+ and -R and even DVD-RW and had no success for a little while. In nero the buffer would stay full and disk write would fail. I also tested with ashampoo burning studio and same result. I then remebered reading a post about some raid controller causing issues with drives and burning. So I checked device manager for the sil3114 sata controller and found under the device info tab that I could select a specific port on the controller and get info on a specific device. The info for ‘Look Ahead’ and ‘Write Cache’ would show for my hard drives but not for the burner (dont know if thats important or not) Anyways since I also have an nvidia raid controller onboard as well I simply connected my burner to that controller and I was finally able to at least successfully get at least 3 out of 4 burns in. The successful burns were from nero but with ashampoo they failed.

Anyone have any advice to help avoid coasters and get successful burns?