Problems burning DL discs with ImgBurn?

vbimport

I have ImageBurn & AnyDVD. While ImageBurn is excellent for burning Single layer DVDs with out any problems, it has issues with burning Dual Layer DVDS.

Also AnyDVD rips ‘Dual DVD Folders’ Not images. I have issues burning the ‘Dual DVD Folders’. The only program i can find that will burn DVD Folders is Nero 8. But i havent burned a working dual DVD yet using Nero 8.

In other words can any of u guys point me in the right direction. In other words are there better programs where i can BURN a working Dual Layer DVD.

So in other words i have no issues ripping a Dual DVD. But burning the image/DVD Folder and making the DVD work.

My issues are BURNING

So are there any better programs out there? That will work?

Please help

Sam 8)

Yes there is & you are saying the best of them doesn’t.

Click this, http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reading-dual-layer-dvds-235705/ post #18, I believe.

ImgBurn is known to be one of the best, probably THE best burning programs for dual layer burns. It will set the layer break correctly on dvd video when others, like Nero, fail.

Here is one way to do this. Break encryption with AnyDVD. Do not use the built-in ripper, use DVDDecrypter in ISO Read mode or use ImgBurn in Read mode to make the ISO and put it on the hard drive.

If you used DVDDecrypter, load the mds file into ImgBurn since it holds the layer break information. Burn to Verbatim +R DL media, burning at 4x speed. Or use the ISO if you made it using ImgBurn. (Edit: ImgBurn also makes an mds file that you can use)

This process works. Do not use any other DL media other than Verbatim, preferably Verbatim made in Singapore.

I have already tried this, in Image Burn. Where i ‘build an image’ from the ‘Video TS’ folder. Same problem, when i burn it.

Can u please recomend a better program.

Sam 8)

There isn’t a better one.

Did you do your backup as I outlined? Exactly? If you follow my instructions with no deviations, you can make a dual layer backup of your dvd video.

If you’d like to try it, you can do dual layer backups with DVDFab Platinum or DVDFab Gold, but those are commercial programs.
DVDFab HD Decrypter is free and can output to an ISO, but you would need ImgBurn to go to a dual layer disk.

Yeah gonna try trial of DVD FAB, looks good & interestin. Thanks bros 4 info!

Sam 8)

[quote=Kerry56;1996900]Do not use any other DL media other than Verbatim, preferably Verbatim made in Singapore.[/quote]@Trace: unless you take in fully all the information that experienced members give you, and avoid concentrating on what YOU think is the problem, you may continue to be disappointed.

Can you at least tell us what brand of DVD DL discs you are using?

Hi :slight_smile:
To eliminate setup problems. :doh:
Make use of the 21 day trial. :iagree:
Use CloneCD for 1:1 backups. :cool:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;1997034]@Trace: unless you take in fully all the information that experienced members give you, and avoid concentrating on what YOU think is the problem, you may continue to be disappointed.

Can you at least tell us what brand of DVD DL discs you are using?[/QUOTE]

Sorry got carried away there. Funny enough i tried several brands of Dual Layered DVDs. The only ones dat didnt pause or get stuck but play smoothly were the following ones:

Datawrite 8x DVD+R Double Layer Branded RED - 10 Cake - DATAWRI193

http://www.burn-media.co.uk/great_value_Datawrite-8x-DVD+R-Double-Layer-Branded---10-Cake---DATAWRI193-pr-23760-c-401-p-1.html

Verbatim DVD-R 8.5Gb ‘Dual Layered’ - 4x :

http://ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Verbatim-DVD-R-8.5Gb-Dual-Layered-4x-Jewel-Cased-5-43543-pr-19425.html

Actually I would Say surprisingly dat ‘RED Datawrite 8X DVD+R’ played the best. I burned at 4X and from a FULLY unaltered MDS file.

Sam 8)

Please download CD-DVD Speed, start it and put a disc in the drive tray. Let us know what the media identity (MID) of all the discs that you’ve tried are (from the ‘Disc Info’ tab).

ImgBurn V2.4.0.0 :bigsmile:

It could be this one: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/datawrite-dvd-r-ricohjpnd01-8/4300