Problems burning Datawrite DVD+R DL with BenQ 1640 BSRB

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the BenQ DW1640. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Everyone,
I am using BenQ DW1640 with firmware BSRS. But i am having problems burning Datawrite DVD +R DL disk with it. No matter which burners i use, it seems to have problem writing on the 2nd layer as it always fails at around 51%.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is there any other firmware which is should upgrade / downgrade to or may be cross flash to another firmware?

Would appriciate members advice on this

Thanks
SD

Hi,

for DVD+R DL stick with Verbatim. These are still the most reliable discs.
For older burners, the 2,4x variety (Made in Singapore) are highly recommended.

Michael

[QUOTE=smartdevil;2150505]I am using BenQ DW1640 with firmware BSRB. But i am having problems burning Datawrite DVD +R DL disk with it. No matter which burners i use, it seems to have problem writing on the 2nd layer as it always fails at around 51%.[/QUOTE]

You need to use Verbatim DL media with the DW1640. It doesn’t handle other DL media that well. Verbatim is the only DL media guaranteed to work with the greatest number of DVD burners, old or new. All other DL media is of sub-par quality, and hit or miss in terms of reliability and burn consistency.