Problems backing up spellforce with plex premium and blindwrite

vbimport

Hi,

I have some problems backing up my spellforce cd's.
I have a plex premium updated with firmware 1.04.
I also have the newest version of blindwrite (5.0.8.123).
Furthermore I have no virtual drives installed.
Although the plex premium (firmware:1.03+)/blindwrite (4.5.7-5.0). combination should work according to what I have read in this forum, it fails at my every attempt.
When I try to install spellforce using my 'backup' of cd1 (install/play disc), the process is scanning the cd and followingly halts with the message that the 'disc failed to pass the cd authenticity check(, please insert original disc)'.
How is this possible?
I thought i could make a working backup of securom protected discs using this combination?
I tried to select and deselect 'hide cdr media' in either clonecd or alcohol and all other possible emulation settings, but it doesn't help.
Does anyone know what I might have possibly done wrong?
I appreciate any advise. I already thank you in advance.

Have a try first to use the CloneCD+BWA+Twinpeaks method just to see if that works… even though you shouldn’t have to…

The “Failed to Pass Authenticity check” usually means you haven’t made the copy perfect enough so it can fool the guard module. Also try some other software.

What kind of media R U using??

Hi,

I already tried the CloneCD+BWA+Twinpeaks method (which requires overburning on a 700 MB disc by the way), but it doesn’t work; the copy I use just hangs my computer. I get this results either when I use my plex premium drive as well in my liteon 401s dvd writer.

I used the following media;

• Philips CD-RW 4~12x multispeed 80 min/700MB
    (I already figured later on that the plex premium method doesn’t work yet in combination with CD-RW media from other posts)
  • Traxdata CD-R 52x speed silver 80 min/700MB

Does it really require specific media? (TDK, SONY, Philips, Maxell, Kodak)?

two things stand out:
first:

I also have the newest version of blindwrite (5.0.8.123).
the BWA builder and topology extraction has been improved greatly since the version you are using.

Second:

I have a plex premium updated with firmware 1.04.

Both of these are old, there are updates,

If spellforce is greater than SecuRom 4.85, then you will have to download and install BW5 tweaker 1.5.5 in order for your back-up to work.

What exact version of SecuROM is it?

I think that game is Securom v4.85.xxx, so last blindwrite should cut it

In order for the back-up to work, the current tweaker must be installed.

you need the firmware 1.05!!!
the 1.04 can´t write this :slight_smile:

As alpha says, I can confirm that it works with BW 4.5.7 and Premium fw 1.05. No tried to make a copy with another firmware… sorry. Let’s upgrade it :wink:

Hi,

Unfortunately still no succes.
I still have problems backing up my spellforce cd’s.
I have updated my plex premium with firmware 1.05.
I updated to the newest version of blindwrite (5.1.0.127).
I also used sony CD-R’s thistimes (if it matters).
Furthermore I installed the newest version of the blindwrite 5 tweaker (1.5.5).
The quality of the Bwa file is indicated as 100%, and the image is written with the plextor varirec method.
When I try to install spellforce using my ‘backup’ of cd1 (install/play disc), the process scans the cd and followingly halts with the message that the ‘disc failed to pass the cd authenticity check(, please insert original disc)’, preceded by a ‘new’ message that says something about system incompatibility (rubbish because original disc installs and works correctly).
I’m still puzzled.
I thought I could this time make a working backup of the securom protected discs? Might something be wrong with my plex premium drive (works perfectly otherwise)?
Does anyone know what I might have possibly done wrong?

I made securom copy with PLEX PREMIUM firm 1.03, Blindwrite 4.5.7 all working without autoplay. For Spellforce i don’t know.
Is necessary upgrade blindwrite ??? Are you sure of this?

Originally posted by marks
[B]Hi,

Unfortunately still no succes.
I still have problems backing up my spellforce cd’s.
I have updated my plex premium with firmware 1.05.
I updated to the newest version of blindwrite (5.1.0.127).
I also used sony CD-R’s thistimes (if it matters).
Furthermore I installed the newest version of the blindwrite 5 tweaker (1.5.5).
The quality of the Bwa file is indicated as 100%, and the image is written with the plextor varirec method.
When I try to install spellforce using my ‘backup’ of cd1 (install/play disc), the process scans the cd and followingly halts with the message that the ‘disc failed to pass the cd authenticity check(, please insert original disc)’, preceded by a ‘new’ message that says something about system incompatibility (rubbish because original disc installs and works correctly).
I’m still puzzled.
I thought I could this time make a working backup of the securom protected discs? Might something be wrong with my plex premium drive (works perfectly otherwise)?
Does anyone know what I might have possibly done wrong? [/B]

as dufroise mentions, the copy worked with blindwrite 4.5.7 and fw 1.05

try downgrading to 4.5.7 to see if it works as well…
also u may want to try uninstalling bw fully b4 u install the game (in case of blacklisting issues)

Originally posted by marks
[B]Hi,

I already tried the CloneCD+BWA+Twinpeaks method (which requires overburning on a 700 MB disc by the way), but it doesn’t work; the copy I use just hangs my computer. I get this results either when I use my plex premium drive as well in my liteon 401s dvd writer.

I used the following media;

• Philips CD-RW 4~12x multispeed 80 min/700MB
    (I already figured later on that the plex premium method doesn’t work yet in combination with CD-RW media from other posts)
  • Traxdata CD-R 52x speed silver 80 min/700MB

Does it really require specific media? (TDK, SONY, Philips, Maxell, Kodak)? [/B]

that’s normal…

jowood was gay enuf to pack the installer into one 690 some meg exe with an custom icon thrown in for additional gayness… and windows is gay enuf to sit there and jerk off to it for 20 minutes or so before it loads the icon, then it takes an additional 10 minutes when u double click on the exe file to run setup…

u can add another 20 minutes to that count if u used the twin sector method… my original of homeworld 2 which has a 600 some meg exe file on the root dir of the cd AND a custom icon does the same exact thing… its coz sierra and jowood are too stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

im sure if there’s some way to make windows NOT load icons for every file, then it would load much faster :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, i burned this spellforce cd with my plex premium 1.03 fw and bw 4.5.7 and it doesnt work in install when i try to install from the plextor drive on this machine, but it works just fine on my other computer which has a LG gsa4040b and an old 8x compaq dvd reader (i tried it out on the compaq dvd reader)… both my computers have bw 4.5.7 and a120 1.4.8.1222. i think its an atip issue :stuck_out_tongue: