Problems backing up several new DVD's

Hi all,

I am having a problem two new DVD’s, Batman Begins and Animalhouse Double Secret Probation Edition. I used the latest version of DVD Decriptor to extract the extire DVD to my hard drive. From there, any program I have tried to use (lastest version of shrink or CloneDVD2) always freezes during the compression process. I am talking about windows freezing too, not just the compression program, forcing me to a hard restart of my PC. This is something I have never encountered before and I am wondering if it a new encryption on these discs or something wrong with my compression process.

BTW, I also tried using AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 to compress the files from my hard drive with no sucess, PC still freezes.

I am stumpted so any help anyone can give would be a big help.

Your not the only one I have tired to make Back-up’s of these and other DVDs and I am alos running into the same error. But Last time I tried to make the backups my computer went down and started smoking so I just got it fixed and haven’t tried it again (scared of frying the computer again) But I’m given it a few weeks and crossing my fingers that with the new CloneDVD2 AND THE new AnyDVD will fix the problems.

@ vandcs26 & RacerX17237,

I have made a back up copy of AnimalHouse Double Secret Probation Edition using AnyDVD-CloneDVD and did not experience any problems. The back up copy plays flawlessly in my computer and stand-alone desktop DVD player.

The AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs is very stable and is not the cause of your computer Windows Operating System freezing. This problem is usually caused by some 3rd party conflicting software program running in the background (Anti Virus Scanner, Packet Writing Software, FileSystem extension). As you state this Windows Operating System freezing problem occurs even when using other software programs other than AnyDVD-CloneDVD. Also it should be noted that your problem has nothing to do with any copy protection scheme contained in Commercial DVD Movie Titles.

Regarding making a back up copy of a Commercial DVD Movie Title using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs. This will not cause a computer to start a smoking. This is caused by some computer hardware failure and has nothing to do with the use of the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs.

Until you provide exactly what error notifications, error codes, and full complete error narrative of what is occurring Forum Members will be unable to provide meaningful assistance to correct your problem. From the extremely limited information you have proved I doubt that any newer versions of the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs will correct you problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Batman Begins R2 PAL UK/Ireland can be backup up with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 no problem.

vandcs26

I made a perfect backup of Batman Begins by first Decrypting the movie, using DVD Decrypter, with AnyDVD running in the background. After that, I used CloneDVD 2 to write the whole movie to a dual layer +R disc. I suspect that using DVD Decrypter in concert with AnyDVD is what allowed me to make a perfect copy.

Eric