Problems Backing up PS2 CD

I have just bought the Xploder V5 Cheat CD for the PS2. It is definitely a CD with a black reading surface to it, similar to other Playstation games.

And as i paid a fortune for it, i want to back this up and use this for safe keeping of my original. I have a mod chip on my PS2.

The problem is though, making an image of the Xploder CD on my PC. As on both CloneCD and Alcohol 120% (both the very lastest versions of each e.g 5.2.8.1 for CloneCD) I am getting a read fail error at 4% and can not copy no further.

In Alcohol it says its a L-EC error. But i am not sure what this means.

I have tried to use all CloneCD Libracypt profiles i have found here on CDfreaks and originally used the Game CD profile but all fail at 4%. I have tried the Playstation and Playstation 2 profiles in Alcohol 120%. But still no joy.

The disk is brand new and works fine. ClonyXXL says it has Libracrypt on it.

How do i back this CD up.

The drives i have tried it on is a Asus E616A with 1.08 Firmware and Benq 1650 with BCDC firmware. Both fail at 4%.

Thanks for your help
Anthony

Out of curiosity, have you tried Blindwrite from VSO? Try the newest version, and if that doesn’t work try version 4.5 (also on their download page).