Problems Backing Up My Copy Of Sahara

vbimport

I just got Sahara the other day and I am having trouble backing it up. I am using the most current versions of Clone DVD and AnyDVD. I have unchecked the box “Remove annoying adverts and trailers” as that was giving me trouble with The Ring Two. Anyways I get to about 47% of the way through Sahara and I get a Rendundancy Error and I cannot get by it. I have had this error with other DVDs but they were pretty beat up and after cleaning them i was able to get past it. This is a brand new DVD, there isn’t even dust on it, not to mention a scratch. Is anyone else having this problem with Sahara? Oh yeah forgot to mention, but the movie plays all the way through with no problem. My drive is the NEC 3500 and the NEC 3540. Thanks for any help.

I’m checking out Sahara now. I’ll let you know in a few minutes.

You must have a bad disc, mine went just fine (R1, WS).

Unfortunately dust and scratches although not good are not the only problems.
A disk may be “Bad” and yet show no phsyical signs. A disk may well play and yet fail to copy because the process of copying is more demanding.

Do you know anyone with a Liteon ? I have found that files which can not be copied using a BenQ or a Plextor can be read by a liteon. It would certainly be worth while trying any other DVD drive.

I had no problem backing up my copy of Sahara using the newest versions of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVd with a BenQ 1640. I would agree with others that you probably have a disc with mastering errors. this seems to be getting more and more common.

More and more DVD’s are being produced more and more quickly. There are bound to be Q.C. issues, especially when the mastering errors or duplication errors don’t stop set-top boxes from playing the movie. :frowning:

I wonder if this strategy might not turn out to be the best form of copy protection ? :wink: good enough to be read by a set-top but bad enough to prevent copying :bigsmile:

I wouldn’t put it past the studios, but right now that would require even MORE quality control, and would be enormously expensive to implement.

i just backed up my coppy of it and i use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2 had no problem at all works great

Try using DVD Decrypter to rip the files off to ur hd first and then go from there with CloneDVD2