Problems backing up DVD

vbimport

hi, i’m having aweful trouble trying to back up any dvd of mine. before, i have had no probs whatsoever doing this. basically i can manage to rip the files to my pc with dvd shrink, but burning them to disc is my problem. i’m using imgburn got it yesterday thinking it’ll fix it, but no luck!!:frowning: if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

paul

Hey Paul :slight_smile:

Can you post an error log? It’ll tell us what’s happening during the burn, and hopefully why it’s failing :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard redlad. :iagree: :clap:
As Arachne is saying, a bit more info…please :cool:
(Damn agreeing with Arachne twice in as many days. :doh: )

thanks for the reply’s lads, i’ll post up an error as soon as i can

Ok, first thing you might want to do is change the program you are decrypting the dvds with. DVDShrink is very much outdated for this purpose and fails on many newer protection schemes. I suggest getting DVDFab HD Decrypter (free), or RipIt4Me which is discontinued, but still effective on the vast majority of disks. AnyDVD is another possibility, though not free. Look for software and links in this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/dvd-backups-100-free-software-3-5-easy-steps-239933/

Now for your specific problem. As stated in the chat room, an error log from either Nero or ImgBurn might help us identify what is going on.

Are you having any other problems with the drive? Will it play back commercially made disks with no problems? Or burn cds without issues? Or burn data disks?

hi Kerry56

It does play, cd’s dvd’s and burn cd’d/data etc… i jusy hope its not a serious problem, but i’m going to post up an error log asap anyway

thanks again

talk soon

hi again,

my problem seems to have sorted itself out! it just worked this time, I don’t know why though!!
thanks for replying again

talk to you soon

paul

Good to hear it worked this time :slight_smile:

If it fails again, just post the log in this thread, and we’ll go from there. :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
As long it is sorted… that’s the important bit. :iagree: :clap:
Guess I’ll just go bug some-one else…:cool:

I’ve had good luck with DVD Decrypter from Lightening UK.
With single layer dvds reading & writing in file mode works ok, but with dual layer discs, I read & write in iso mode & it works fine.
If not, my stand-alone dvd player hangs up in the middle of dvd playback.
I think it has something to do with layer switch-over during playback.