Problems after d/l newer qt versions

could someone tell me what is different about the newer Qt :versions and do I need to update to them…
tried to update[ from “update now” ]in settings and caused me all sorts of problems besides the fact that it would not open up and was a b… to uninstall.
kept wanting to shut down my PC but said dvdfab still open which it never was…
willing to try agin if necessary
thank you…

Hi rago88

The Fab QT has many bugs being reported by many other users/members I still have v8085 on my system along with v8092qt and had no trouble with the install or during an uninstall test.

Just by chance have you tried do a manual install rather then by the “Update now” feature ?, if not download the installer and please take note of the size of the installer before attempting to use that installer if different then what it should be.

BTW…DVDFab is strickly QT now there will be no more none QT releases.

People seem to have more trouble with Windows XP than they do with Windows 7 from what I have been reading.

[QUOTE=bean55;2588751]People seem to have more trouble with Windows XP than they do with Windows 7 from what I have been reading.[/QUOTE]

That is what I have been seeing too, unfortunately the QT issues is not limited to XP :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2588755]That is what I have been seeing too, unfortunately the QT issues is not limited to XP :([/QUOTE]

It is being seen quite widely and, IMHO, is the usual lack of build/quality control.

Well I can’t get the QT versions to work at all and I have tried running them in 98 thru 2000 mode and they still won’t open, 8.0.8.9 will install completely but won’t open and 8.0.9.2 will hang up at finishing installation and go no farther, And I have to load 8.0.8.9 over it just to get it uninstalled. So it looks like us guys with XP SP 3 are screwed big time

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2588830]Well I can’t get the QT versions to work at all and I have tried running them in 98 thru 2000 mode and they still won’t open, 8.0.8.9 will install completely but won’t open and 8.0.9.2 will hang up at finishing installation and go no farther, And I have to load 8.0.8.9 over it just to get it uninstalled. So it looks like us guys with XP SP 3 are screwed big time[/QUOTE]

Well guess it’s time for me to fire up the old XP rig and tinker around to see what I can find out, course have to blow the dust out first :eek:

[I]Just by chance have you tried do a manual install rather then by the “Update now” feature ?, if not download the installer and please take note of the size of the installer before attempting to use that installer if different then what it should be[/I]

[I][/I] no… I haven;t tried to d/l from the site…
Me thinks it was a big mistake to try to do it from the Fab software itself.
Never did it that way before but always a 1st time to change what always works… duh…

Interesting posts about problems with XP…
Ihave xp SP3 on my desktop but also have 64 BIT windows 7 on my laptop so I’m sure that will work ok.
thanks for letting me know that Qt will be the norm from now on…

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2588847]Well guess it’s time for me to fire up the old XP rig and tinker around to see what I can find out, course have to blow the dust out first :eek:[/QUOTE]:bow::bow::bow: Thanks Tim I also posted in the other forum and got no help at all :a

Jimbo,

did a clean install of Qt [latest version] from this site…
It will not open…
funny thing is when you try to reboot [ thought it might help] a popup comes up telling you the dvdfab is trying to close soooooooooooooo,
seems like it wants to open and windows is picking up opened Fab files that are kinda stranded and stopping a reboot until I go into system properties and close it via “Processes”…

Had to un-install again it but this time the un-install went easier…

Using windows XP SP3…
I assume the powers to be are aware of this XP problem and a fix will be posted in time…

btw:
was Navy myself…
Stationed at Mirimar NavyAir Station back in mid 66-70…
ADJ-2… worked on TF9J aircraft…
10 miles from La Holla beach[ out the back gate ]and 30 minutes from a much friendlier Tijuana back then, Great time had by all those years…

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2588903]:bow::bow::bow: Thanks Tim I also posted in the other forum and got no help at all :a[/QUOTE]
Nobody left over there to help and guess I will do what SJ going to do and install the QT on my XP computer to see what problem is.

@rago88

Did you follow stormjumpers clean install found in his signature?

AGJ I see that a lot of people are having the same trouble as I am with XP SP3 so I guess it’s not just with my system

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2588929]AGJ I see that a lot of people are having the same trouble as I am with XP SP3 so I guess it’s not just with my system[/QUOTE]

Yes it a problem for XP and some configuration/program on the computer that DVDFab seems to not like. Just need figure out what that is. Will install the QT on mine when I have spare time to see if a problem on mine.

I installed the new 8.0.9.8qt on my XP Pro SP3, all updated, machine and uninstalled 8.0.8.5 (not QT)…ran CCleaner…and Qt version runs, did a test backup on “The Punisher” to HDD and worked.

What are the issues with XP ?
Has anyone else tried this new version that had problems ?

[QUOTE=thekochs;2591924]I installed the new 8.0.9.8qt on my XP Pro SP3, all updated, machine and uninstalled 8.0.8.5 (not QT)…ran CCleaner…and Qt version runs, did a test backup on “The Punisher” to HDD and worked.

What are the issues with XP ?
Has anyone else tried this new version that had problems ?[/QUOTE]

I did exactly the same thing and after a lot of experimenting with this new version the only problem I have is that when I try to back up a large DVD movie to a DVD-DL disc it’s identified as a Blu-Ray disc and the program ejects it. I’ve tried with 3 different brands with the same result. Everything else works great.

[QUOTE=cufon;2592529]I did exactly the same thing and after a lot of experimenting with this new version the only problem I have is that when I try to back up a large DVD movie to a DVD-DL disc it’s identified as a Blu-Ray disc and the program ejects it. I’ve tried with 3 different brands with the same result. Everything else works great.[/QUOTE]

Hi cufon

Your issue has nothing to do with running on XP, but rather an issue on the wrong output.

May I ask what size do you have set in common settings ? and the final size of the folder/files which DVDFab detects as BR ?.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2592541]Hi cufon

Your issue has nothing to do with running on XP, but rather an issue on the wrong output.

May I ask what size do you have set in common settings ? and the final size of the folder/files which DVDFab detects as BR ?.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Storm jumper for your interest with my problem.
I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking me. The movie I’m trying to back up is less than 7MB. The DVD-DL size is set at 8100. I’ve checked the discs with DVD Identifier and they are DVD-RDL . My burners are Pioneer BDR-203 and BDR-206 both up to date with the latest firmware.
Does that help?

[QUOTE=cufon;2592628]Thank you Storm jumper for your interest with my problem.
I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking me. The movie I’m trying to back up [B]is less than 7MB[/B]. The DVD-DL size is set at 8100. I’ve checked the discs with DVD Identifier and they are DVD-RDL . My burners are Pioneer BDR-203 and BDR-206 both up to date with the latest firmware.
Does that help?[/QUOTE]

If the movie is only 7 MB why would you use a double layer disc :confused: also what is the run time for this movie which is only 7 MB ? and is it in standard DVD format e.g…VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders ?

SJ , I bet it is just a typo by cufon & the size is 7GB. Because that would be average commercial DVD size.