Problems 411s@811s using EEPROM Utility. PLEASE!

Hi!

I am apologyze for my bad english.

Last night I crossflash my old 411 to 811 using EEPROM Utility and stock Firmware (from codeguys) and trying to follow the guides.I save my original EEPROM. Now my drive only display “Insert Disc in Unit D” with any media (CD, DVD, DVD-RW, etc). It load the disc and 2 green light appear… After that nothing, no sounds, no lights… nothing. :sad:

Flashing back the originals (EEPROM and Firmware) with Eprom Utility, Mtkflash or ltnflash does not help and the drive is then recognised (in Windows, burning programs and BIOS) as DVD-RW LDW-411s or LDW-811s and appears as normal except it will not read any disk. I am doing something wrong? All programs report sucsess when I upgrade or downgrade the drive but all I get is “Please Insert A Disk in Drive D” If I use Ltnflash to compare my firmware on disk with the same firmware in the drive it reports identical. My system configuration is allright (i think). Does anybody have a suggestion…? Please! :o

Note: sorry i have to copy/paste some other post phrases in order to express me. :slight_smile:

Which software did display this message? Was a disk in the drive at that time ?

It load the disc and 2 green light appear… After that nothing, no sounds, no lights… nothing. :sad:

Assuming there was no disk inserted before and the drive LED flashed after inserting a disk and then the LED was off, this behaviour was normal.

Hi!

I am apologyze for my bad english… again. Thanks ala42. :smiley:

Which software did display this message? Was a disk in the drive at that time ?

Yes, a disc was inside the drive. The software was Windows XP, when I tried to see the content of the disc inserted (Doublecliking on unit D:), a menssage appears “Insert a disc in drive D:” . I hope you get the idea. :smiley:

Assuming there was no disk inserted before and the drive LED flashed after inserting a disk and then the LED was off, this behaviour was normal.

Ok, this behaviour is normal. The abnormal thing is that I don´t have access to the disc content and if the disc have autorun, nothing happen either. The disc, of course is full, and operating system simply no recognizes the disc. This happens with every disc type. :confused:

Does anybody have a suggestion…?