Problem with Yamaha 3200E

vbimport

Since installing the latest firmware 1.0d I have been unable to burn at 24x even on 24x certified discs... i get some type of tracking error in Nero. Anyone know what is going on with this?

According to The Coaster Factory a tracking error is when

"A blank CD-R contains a pre-groove, which is used for calibration and tracking by the writer. "

goes wrong. So somehow your writer does not track the line to be written correctly.

Does it go correctly at lower speeds ?

I’ve been burning at 16x fine…

11:08:57 PM #53 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 216
conversion idle, stopping reader

11:08:57 PM #54 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1550
Burn process failed at 24x (3,600 KB/s)

11:08:57 PM #55 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 386
SCSI not using temporary buffers
20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

I hope you have optimum write speed control enabled?

Not all writers and discs goes well together. And according to my buddy G@M3FR3@K the yamaha was pretty picky when it came to media. The TEAC CD-W540E was able to write success(disc was perfectly made, no errors) at 32X/40X at media where the Yamaha failed…

So his coclusion was that optimum write speed contol should always be enabled to avoid most problems.

So I suggest you try to find a brand of media that your Yamaha likes…

I have been using the same spindle of Taiyo Yudens from the beginning. Before installing the firmware, no problem at 24x. Now, I can’t write above 16x. It’s definitely not the media in this case.

It appears that after the disc has been writing for a while at 24x it gets a “track following error” accodring to CloneCD. This is looking more and more like either a hardware or firmware problem. Is there any way I can roll back the firmware?