Problem with VOB files - PLEASE HELP BEFORE I CRY

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I seem to have developed a problem playing vob files recently.
I am currently getting no picture only sound.
A few days ago I tried using winavi to convert avi files to dvd format, but was unhappy with the pcture quality, so I decided to try dvd santa, but now I cannot even check the picture quality as I do not have one!
I have no idea why this has happened, since I was getting a picture with winavi, although it was very poor.
I did download a massive codec pack about two weeks ago…would that affect anything? I am not sure if it can sinceagain, I di have this problem using winavi which I installed well after the codecs.
I am sure this question has been asked before so i am sorry if it has, I have tried to look and found some possible answers but they haven’t seemed to work!

I did download a massive codec pack about two weeks ago…would that affect anything?

Massive codec pack = Masssive codec conflict = Massive codec problem.

Only keep the codecs you use…get rid of the superfluous ones.

Ok, will give it a shot…thanks!

ok, i got with of the big codec pack i installled and it still hasnt changed anything…still no picture but plently of sound…am I missing a codec?
I just cant figure out how i used two different file converter programs, one of them gave me a picture with sound but looked rubbish, dvdsants is giving me no picture at all…is it a codec i am missing or something else!

Yeah, you’re probably missing a video codec. Try installing ffdshow.

Run the file through ‘GSpot’. It will analyze the file then give you the info. you need.
Get GSpot Here!