Problem with .vob files and .ifo and .bup files

Sorry everyone I am new to using these file types. I have a movie a friend sent me. I have these files in a folder and just want to play the movie on windows media player…

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB

Hi taswanj and welcome to the forum. :flower:

Windows media player doesn’t have built in support for DVD Video playback.

If you don’t want to buy commercial playback software then IMO your best option would be to use the freeware VLC media player which supports a large number of video formats including DVD Video.

[B]Wombler[/B]

No I mean what do I need to do with them to play them somehow, do I need to compile them somehow?.. do I just play one of the file types?.. can you be more specific? Why the multiple files in the folder?

I use an old version of MPC. I just double click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and the movie launches.

No, there is nothing to compile.

I think the *.IFO files are kinda like a directory
The *.BUP files are backups of the *.IFO files.
The *.VOB files are the actual video in the VTS_01_n, where n is just a continuation of the previous file. Old protocol placed a limit to the file size at just over 1Gig.

Regards

[QUOTE=taswanj;2449349]No I mean what do I need to do with them to play them somehow, do I need to compile them somehow?.. do I just play one of the file types?.. can you be more specific? Why the multiple files in the folder?[/QUOTE]

You didn’t get what the MOD says since you don’t own that video we can’t help you in any form or matter as stated in the Rules you agreed to when you joined CDfreaks. Be lucky the MOD is willing to give much help as they did.

[QUOTE=taswanj;2449349]No I mean what do I need to do with them to play them somehow, do I need to compile them somehow?.. do I just play one of the file types?.. can you be more specific? Why the multiple files in the folder?[/QUOTE]

As stated by Wombler…download VLC which is a media player which you can then play and watch them, you don’t have to compile anything to play the movie/video.

and if you are talking about the .ifo, .bup and .vob files within the VIDEO_TS folder then that is normal.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2449493]You didn’t get what the MOD says since you don’t own that video we can’t help you in any form or matter as stated in the Rules you agreed to when you joined CDfreaks. Be lucky the MOD is willing to give much help as they did.[/QUOTE]

coolcolors these are standard DVD Video files which could be from a camcorder, standalone DVD recorder, PC authoring package, or even just a copy of a friend’s wedding video etc.

There’s nothing in this thread to indicate that this is commercial material and we’ve no right to presume that, which is one of the reasons why I’ve answered this particular query.

If you’ve ever any concerns however regarding any post, please use the ‘report post’ function as these are dealt with more quickly and we appreciate users taking the time to report their concerns.

[B]Wombler[/B]