Problem with Tiberian Sun

I have a Liteon LTR-40125W@48x and I just burned Tiberian Sun. When I try to play with the backups, it passes the CD Check then a message pops up saying that it cannot detect my CDROM Drive. The exact same thing happens when I put in my originals. HELP!

Question
Why do I receive an error message “Cannot Find CD-ROM”?

Answer
The error “Cannot Find CD-ROM” is most commonly associated with users having multiple CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW drives.

If you have two (2) drives, please put the second game CD in the other drive. This should solve the problem.

If you don’t have more than one (1) drive, then you most likely have put the game CD into a drive that has no CD-ROM capability. Please make sure the game CD is placed in the same drive letter that you used to install the game.

The only other reasons why this would happen is if you have a defective disc or if you have an illegal copy of the game.

http://westwood.ea.com/

This is from there support and then faq from tiberian sun

Well, this error only occurs with Tiberian Sun, every other game works so this is not the case. The funny thing is that my originals are doing it too. Help anybody?

Are you trying to run the game from a drive other than the one from which you installed it? Some games are hotwired, either in an ini file or in the registry, to only run from the drive from which the game was installed (eg. fifa 2002). I’ve no idea if TS is one of these but it may be.

No man, game won’t work from either drive. It worked a long time ago, a crack would fix it, but I shouldn’t need a crack to play my originals.

Why won’t anybody else reply? Is anybody stumped?

Try updating the game to the newest version. Or try to re-install the game to a different directory.
Otherwise ask westwood over their support possibility.

:rolleyes:
TRY TO ASSOCIATE TO CD-ROM A PRIMARY LETTER THEN THE ONE U HAVE ASSOCIAted to the burner.
ex: cd-rom “D”…burner “E…F…G”
i had a similar problem…i don’t know may is stupid but worked for me.

Taken from the readme…

2.7. 16 bit CD-ROM drivers

Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun may fail to start if there is a 16 bit CD-ROM driver loaded
from the AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS. If you have references to MSCDEX or equivalent
drivers then try removing them from your autoexec.bat and config.sys files. Windows 95/98 does
not generally need these drivers to work and in most cases will actually perform better without
them.

2.8. CD-Changers and Multi-Drivers

Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun does not support multiple CD-ROM drives or CD-changers
and assumes that you only have one CD-ROM drive. If you have more than one CD-ROM drive,
you should insert the Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun CD in the first CD drive letter. For
example, if you have CD drives E:, F: and G:, your Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun CD should
be inserted into the E: drive.

May or may not help…
Cheers

Originally posted by CCDKing
Why won’t anybody else reply? Is anybody stumped?

cause this post is in the wrong forum…its not clone cd related if your originals are doing it to.

next time plan the location you post in order to maximise the types of people who will be looking at your problem.

Well, I found a solution that is good enough for now, I just installed the Firestorm Expansion and it will work. Good enough.:slight_smile:

My problem is I have lost my GDI disc somewhere in the house and can’t find it anywhere. Is there anywhere I can buy just the GDI disc from and would my serial number still work on a different disc. I have been looking for an ISO to download, but can’t fins on. I am limited to only playing skirmishes with the NOD disc. Yeah yeah I know, I should have backed it up to begin with. It will probably turn up if I buy a new one.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Chris

[QUOTE=chrisreduk;1975129]My problem is I have lost my GDI disc somewhere in the house and can’t find it anywhere. Is there anywhere I can buy just the GDI disc from and would my serial number still work on a different disc. [B]I have been looking for an ISO to download, but can’t fins on.[/B] I am limited to only playing skirmishes with the NOD disc. Yeah yeah I know, I should have backed it up to begin with. It will probably turn up if I buy a new one.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Chris[/QUOTE]

That is not legal and therefore not suitable to discuss here.

Please read the forum rules.

chef is correct, please read the forum rules again, maybe you need a refesher. Illegal downloads are not discussed in this forum. Thankyou.

OK maybe asking about an ISO was a bit iffy, but how the hell can it be illegal to ask where I can buy just the GDI disc from?