Problem with the new cdrw blanks I bought

vbimport

When I used memorix cd-rw 4 x 700 mb 80 minutes media before I had no problems, but I ran out of discs and bought new new ones which happened to be slightly different then the previous one and now after I put these new blank 12 high signal cd’s in the drive I get a yellow message box with an x in it and it says "i is not accessible incorrect function ". Can these blanks ever be used somehow ? if not Why can’t they be used ? What are those type of cdrw blanks used for ? I thought for sure they would be ok ?.. I don’t think I can exchange them because the wrapping is torn off and thrown away
The new ones are high signal cd-rw memorix 12x700 mb 80 minutes
Neither the first ones or new ones had anything about - or + so thats probably not a problem , my cdrw uses both + & - anyway I think …
The big difference is that the new ones had the number twelve in front instead of four and the new ones are high signal . I bought 25 blanks $30 dollars with tax at best buy, I have a new LG cdrw drive 52x32x52x and i is the letter for the cdrw drive and use nero express an incd

DO NOT use high speed CD RWs. You have to eat the purchase.

For a 52x32x52, High Speed, or even Ultra Speed are ok.

Memorex are NOT OK - the worst compatibility of any CD-RW media, even total no-namers have more chance of working in the average drive - in a FEW drives, they work - out of 3 drives I have that are HS-capable, only one handles them, though IT makes quite a good burn on them.

I’m assuming you mean “High Speed” and “Memorex” - I searched Memorix, and it came up blank and “did you mean Memorex?”

Strangely, one drive that wouldn’t run the high speed memorex, would run the low speed - the only reason I gave Memorex a second chance, after the low speed failed in my first drive - a now retired 2x model!

Yes Matth I did mean high speed those were 12x700 mb x 80min cd-rw blank discs and the brand definetly was memorex , I have a brand new internal LG cdrw burner its 52x35x52 ( I don’t have any idea what the 35 stands for ) before I bought these 12x 700 mb 80 min cdrw’s I had no trouble before with using the memorix 4x700 mb 80 hr blanks ( those were also rewritables and were not high speed)

Yes Matth I did mean high speed those were 12x700 mb x 80min cd-rw blank discs and the brand definetly was memorex , I have a brand new internal LG cdrw burner its 52x35x52 ( I don’t have any idea what the 35 stands for ) before I bought these 12x 700 mb 80 min cdrw’s I had no trouble before with using the memorix 4x700 mb 80 hr blanks ( those were also rewritables and were not high speed) what brand would you think is compatable as far as high speed cdrw’s . I suppose I would have to order online for those , how about phillips, tdk, sony , verbatim I have never tried those …
I used the memorix for backing up my photos,and word documents in My documents folder.Not for ripping music

I’ve used ricoh and verbatim for my RW’s in the past, and have been VERY happy with both. Let me please remind you, make TWO backups of those docs too. If one disk fails or a file becomes corrupted, the other should be ok.
The first number, 52, is the max CD-R write speed.
The second number, 35, is the max Re-Writable CD speed.
The third number, 52, is the max cd READ speed.

If you look on LG’s website for your specific writer, they will more than likely list what media they recomend. This is a REAL good place to look before you buy more media. Hope that helps some.

JD

Thanks very much your information is a great help to me , I found out some more things , I found out as far as a quality with either a cdr or cdrw it depends on the factory who made it and not so much on the brand name for example Philips Silver , Ricoh Premium sony and tdk made in taiyo yuden factories in Japan I guess are all good but those same brands including memorex made in the Ritek factories I think in China are all of inferior quality and so there is no way to tell if the brand came from the taiyo yuden or Ritek factory . Ricoh has thier own factory as does pioneer and Mitsui is a good factory that makes hp , also phillips brand and sony TDK has a factory that makes tdk and pioneer its all so confusing ? Personally I am more intrested in compatability then quality , the advice I got on this cd freaks forum is really great and I will go to the L G web site …but I will avoid memorex and take your advice and use ricoh and/or verbatim… although ricoh is kinda hard to find in stores as is verbatim unless I go online , the ones you always are seeing in the pc and office supply stores are memorex mostly and sometimes tdk those are the common ones

Could you tell me what is the meaning of 4x or 12x in front of 700x80 on the cdrw’s disk…Does that mean that 12x is high speed and 4x is standard speed ? Is there anything other then 4x or 12x , for example 6x or 8x or 10x ?? And another thing I noticed is that the cdr’s have 52x in front of 700 mb 80 min instead of a number like 4x or 12 x … I wonder why that is ??

1-4x is “standard” or “low speed” - the only type whch works with older writers (typically those with CD-R speed of 8x or less)

4-10x / 4-12x is “High Speed”

16x-24x is “Ultra speed” (and 32x is a special case of Ultra)

You can never use CD-RW media of a higer classification than your drive, not even “High speed” in a drive with a MAXIMUM of 4x.

Unlike CD-R media, it’s not just a quality issue, but a design one.