Can you help me with the HD4770 (ATI Radeon Saphire HD 4770 (512 MB)). My system keeps on crashing when i use a little graphical power (e.g. outlook and a movie = crash or moving the playing movie around = crash or only skype with cam = crash).
I installed the latest version of the drivers but no solution. I have enough power (Cooler Master 640W), i have the extra power-cord on the card, the fan is working, the card is not getting to warm. Crashes can happen when the computer is still cold in the morning.
Some additional information:
- Motherboard: Asus P5VDC-X (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, LAN)
- Video card ATI Radeon HD 4770 (512 MB)
- DIMM1: 2X Kingston 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 Mhz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 Mhz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 Mhz)
- Monitor Dell E172FP [17" LCD] (P144646NCEA7)
- OS: XP
When crashes occur there are 3 possibillitys:
- black screen and nothing is happening (mist of the time)
- black screen and rebooting of video card followd by a request of sending an error report to amd (see attachments 3 of them)
- blue screen that the computer must be rebooted due to probably this program: “ati2dvag”.
I know the hardware of the video card is ok because i have tested it on a other computer without a problem. Hopefully someone can give me some advice what i can do about it. I have the newest drivers for my video card (and have tried others as well with all the additional software), I have new drivers for my motherboard, I have installed XP several times. What have i missed?