Problem with " The Condemned"

After rippingthe movie “The Condemned” with The latest version of HD Fab
or ripit4me, full disk or movie only,[tried both softwares both ways]
I am getting a "out of memory error from dvd shrink 70% into it.
I have nothing running in the background, 2 gigabytes of memory, and without re-booting, I can rip/shrink any other movie with no problem after having to stop shrink.

even skipped compressing and after ripping thru Fab
tried to burn the whole disk on DL thru Nero7 and it says "parameters incorrect…
A little stumped here as I never get out of memory using dvd shrink or parameters incorrect with Nero.
any suggestions? do I have a bad disk maybe?
tony…

When was the last time you de-fragmented your hard drive and how much free space do you have on it?

62 gigs on C drive
65 gigs on D drive.
defragged 3 days ago…

Disc clean :wink:

Check to make sure all protection removal options are check in DVDFABHD, also how much space is allocated for your page file, how much memory do you have on your system. Most times this error comes up when shrink encounters new protect it can not handle.

the movie goes thru ripit4me or FAB sucessfully or so it says.
if I use shrink it says out of memory.
if I skip shrink and got to burn to DL,
it says parameters incorrect…

so which software is right or wrong here?

[QUOTE=rago88;1925537]the movie goes thru ripit4me or FAB sucessfully or so it says.
if I use shrink it says out of memory.
if I skip shrink and got to burn to DL,
it says parameters incorrect…

so which software is right or wrong here?[/QUOTE]

Here’s a little work around, extract the files with the program that works and THEN run it through shrink and see if it works:cool:

You probably have “remove layer break” checked in fab. Try running the files through Imgburn either in write mode or build mode and see how it goes. I have fab platinum and had no issues with this movie in region 1.

what is “remove layer break”/?

btw:
using either ripit4me or fab to rip, full disk or main movie only,
results are the same.

It is how the dl disk knows when to change to the other layer, hence layer break, to burn a dl you need to have a layer break, some apps ask to pick your spot if it is not there, others do not and if it is not there you get a burn failure. Imgburn in build mode will put it in for you and make an ISO which can be mounted on a virtual drive and then opened by shrink or just burned as a dl with Imgburn in write mode.

[QUOTE=rago88;1925544]what is “remove layer break”/?

btw:
using either ripit4me or fab to rip, full disk or main movie only,
results are the same.[/QUOTE]
Are you using DVDFABHD DECRYPER 4.0.0.5 beta? If I remember right ripit4me could not handle the newer protection.

Are you using DVDFABHD DECRYPER 4.0.0.5 beta? If I remember right ripit4me could not handle the newer protection…

yes, 4.0.05 beta.
and yes, ripit4me works also for this movie.
I use ripit most of the time…

I noticed in shrink it’s 4463mb for full disk
but if I click re-auth for main movie only,
the meg count doesn’t drop any.

Well I am at a loss then it should go right through shrink no problem. Last thought try uninstalling and reinstall shrink.

yeah, I don’t know what else to do…

over 500 rips and never a problem till now…
and yet shrink has worked fine on 2 other movies tonite…
so don’t know if re-install is answer…

Then it has to be something wrong with the original disk, as I said earlier run it through Imgburn but use build mode it will remake it dvd compliant. Load it on a virtual drive and try shrink.