Problem with Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition

vbimport

Hi,

Great software guys. I’ve successfully ripped 200+ DVDs to my hard drive but cannot rip T2 (Region 1). It’s the 2 x DVD9 edition in the metal case. I’m trying to rip just the main movie to ISO but it won’t open the DVD, I’ve left it for up to an hour with no joy. I’m using the latest version of DVDFab.

Any ideas?

Ian

[quote=Ian41;2079359]Hi,

Great software guys. I’ve successfully ripped 200+ DVDs to my hard drive but cannot rip T2 (Region 1). It’s the 2 x DVD9 edition in the metal case. I’m trying to rip just the main movie to ISO but it won’t open the DVD, I’ve left it for up to an hour with no joy. I’m using the latest version of DVDFab.

Any ideas?

Ian[/quote]
MY copies are not in metal case but I have the 2disc extreme dvd and the 2 disc ultimate edition dvd. They both backed up just fine for me. Have you tried with pathplayer disabled? It’s usually pathplayer that takes so long to open the movie

I have the same edition, you will heve to disable pathfinder to open disk . You should have no problems after that.

Hmmm. interesting, but on a rare occasion PP fails with certain dvd structures. I also have the same edition in the metal case.
I’ll have to fool with it when I get home, but it looks like AGJG and csbond2 have given us the answer…:iagree:

Thank you guys - I’ll try that tonight. I had thought it was something to do with the seamless branching structure on the disc.

Ian

OK, I tried again yesterday, however Path Finder was already disabled (the setting is Enable If Needed). What else can I try?

Thanks.

[quote=Ian41;2080496]OK, I tried again yesterday, however Path Finder was already disabled (the setting is Enable If Needed). What else can I try?

Thanks.[/quote]
Just because pathplayer says it disabled when you have enable when needed checked does not mean it still not running. check the disable pathplayer box and try again.

Ok I just tried my copy of ultimate edition with pathplayer always enabled. I got the never ending loop. I checked disable pathplayer restarted dvdfab and the never ending loop is no more.

[QUOTE=GJ;2080498]Just because pathplayer says it disabled when you have enable when needed checked does not mean it still not running. check the disable pathplayer box and try again.[/QUOTE]

Nicely said and on target :wink:

[QUOTE=GJ;2080498]Just because pathplayer says it disabled when you have enable when needed checked does not mean it still not running. check the disable pathplayer box and try again.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely…:iagree:

This will sound like a broken record, but oh well.
The default setting [B]Enable PathPlayer when necessary [/B]just plain stinks. This snafu right here is a perfect example.
When the analyzing or ripping process fails, you’re never sure quite sure what happened with PP or why.

I prefer [B]Always enable PathPlayer[/B], but suggest you choose this or [B]Disable PathPlayer[/B] and not the default setting.

BTW, the same thing happened to me. I had to disable PP in order for T2 to rip.

Thanks, I’ll try again tonight.

Ian

Guys - thank you. It worked :bigsmile::bow:

good to hear

Have you tried with pathplayer disabled? It’s usually pathplayer that takes so long to open the movie

yes, glad you got it figured out.

Dear all,

Please try latest DVDFab 5.0.5.0, it should fix the PathPlayer problem when opening Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-option-mobile-5-0-5-0-out-247854/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao