Problem with Taiyo Yuden 002 (sony brand)

Hey, i recently bought 2 8x +r spindles of sony media at wal mart ($23, not too bad for ty) but after i got to burning these i noticed the same prob. out of all of them. I began using them to back up my Andy Griffith box sets (some of my most treasured dvd’s) and turns out on nearly ALL the burns it begins with PIE spikes ranging between 70 - 85…and gradually decreases to low teens and single digits throughout the scan. Only thing noticable on the dvd’s are that on some of the menu’s episode titles are left out, although i can still access them, and this may not even be due to the pie, not sure. My burner is newest Lite-On 16x double layer that wal mart sells. Could it just be that this is just how my specific burner reacts to this media??? Cuz it burn’s my 16x verbs superbly, even at 16x. Should I return the 2nd batch i bought to wal mart? (used too many of the 1st 50pk)???

Are you sure they are genuine TY ?
Are they MIJ ?
I only ask this because I saw some Sony branded TY , that were Made In Hong Kong .
I am not sure though that these fakes came to the USA .
If you have access to another burner try it , if not , just burn another one @ 12X or 8X and post the scan here , alot of people here can actualy know the problem just by looking at the scan :iagree:

Some CDSpeed or KProbe quality scans would be nice. :wink:

Attaching disc quality scans to your post

That would almost certainly be the fault of your copying or authoring software, and has nothing to do with the blank media.

80 PIE isn’t too big a deal, really… 280 is when you can start worrying about things being a little out of specification, but even then, it would likely still work fine.

I have the same Sony TY T02 stack (great deal too, 25 for $10 CDN).

From the same batch

Media: TY T02 branded as Sony
Burners:

1. Samsung SH-W162C TS10 @ 8X
  2. BenQ DW1655 BCGB @ 8X
    Reader: BenQ DW1655 BCGB @ 8X

I have the same Sony TY T02 stack (great deal too, 25 for $10 CDN).

From the same batch

Media: TY T02 branded as Sony
Burners:

1. Samsung SH-W162C TS10 @ 8X
  2. BenQ DW1655 BCGB @ 8X
    Reader: BenQ DW1655 BCGB @ 8X

I could only imagine what happened to this burn

This version of Nero CD-DVD Speed is outdated. :slight_smile: