Problem with Sony DW-Q120A

vbimport

#1

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-Q120A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, I have a Sony DW-Q120A DVD-RW. It was working fine until about a month ago. Now it sometimes writes the whole DVD and at %100 it gives an error at the very end. Sometimes it writes the whole thing successfuly but the data is corrupt, not all data though seems totally random which parts of the DVD are corrupt. Also when there’s no DVD in it, it refuses to eject. This doesn’t happen when there’s a DVD in it.

I have updated the firmware to PYS3, it didn’t help. I am using Nero 6.
The thing which pisses me of is that these errors occur randomly and I have to check every single piece of data on a seperate computer or a DVD player after writing the disk.

Please help me i’ll be waiting for your answers.


#2

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Can you post a burn log from Nero? If a burn fails, it should prompt you to save one.

Also, what brand of discs are you using, and at what burn speed?


#3

Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

I haven’t saved any logs from previous failures and since it happens randomly I don’t know how to trigger such error. But I’m pretty sure it said “Failed to finish Disc-at-once”. It might have used different words though.

I have used Verbatim at 16x before and now I am using A4 Tech at 8x. (I couldn’t afford to lose Verbatim media over a faulty DVD-RW and switched to the cheaper one.)


#4

I was able to reproduce the error after 3 tries. First two wrote succesfuly but corrupted data. Third one said:

#28 CDR -1194 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1708
PMA update failure

#29 TRANSFER -24 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1708
Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

#30 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 2394
EndDAO: Last written address was -1

#31 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1713
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

#32 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1713
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

#33 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 273
Burn process failed at 8x (11.080 KB/s)