Problem with SH-W162C CD/DVD writer working properly

vbimport

Hi All,

Since a while I have this extremely annoying problem with the 162. Each time I play a CD, whether that be in WMP or WinAmp the player just quits at random moments. I haven’t got a clue why this is happening and what I can do to fix this. The driver version I am using is 5.1.2535.0
I’m using Windows XP.
I’ve d/ld the firmware patch SH-W162C_TS12.exe but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. The unit driver is supposed to be updated after I reboot the system, but I can’t see a change in the driver version #, nor am I rid of this A.W.O.L. kind of behaviour from the 162.
Am I alone in this? I hope not.

Hi and Welcome![quote=User1971;2070298]
Since a while I have this extremely annoying problem with the 162. Each time I play a CD, whether that be in WMP or WinAmp the player just quits at random moments. (…)
I’ve d/ld the firmware patch SH-W162C_TS12.exe but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. The unit driver is supposed to be updated after I reboot the system, but I can’t see a change in the driver version #,[/quote]The driver has not changed, since it is part of the operating system. There is no such thing like downloadable drivers for optical drives. Maybe if MS decides to spread a newer version via Windows Update. But this is unlikely.

This issue might be related to your software installation.
Is there a second drive installed in your system? Or can you try the drive in another computer?

Michael