Problem with SD 2.9

Hi to you all. :bigsmile:
Using blindwrite suite(blindread 4.5.7.49 and blindwrite 4.5.7.92) I get the problem that when I write an image to a CD-R I get a coaster which acts as if it were an audio CD!!:frowning:
Now what I am doing is as follows:

I use the latest version of Clony to check the protection which is SD 2.9. Then I start Alcoholer which automatically takes over the settings of Clony. From within Alcoholer I start Blindwrite suite and read the image. I think it is read well because it encounters all the ‘bad’ or ‘weak’ sectors’ which make up of the protection and I can play it using the virtual drive. Now basically you can continue writing the image immediately. The program first does a check on the image and gives some advice for the settings. One is to enhance the weak sectors. However I could not find this in the screen it was supposed to be. Later I checked the basic settings and noticed that it was allready preset by the program in the basic settings screen. When continuing to burn it burns the whole image but then automatically my creative player starts up and there is only the audio lead-in on my disk!!! How can this be???
I have installed Clone CD and Alcohol as well. Could this have something to do with it?? Anyone has any clues??
I have tried to make a copy with Alcohol as well but I don’t seem to be able to put in the right settings. For instance the read speed which should be low at the beginning where the protection is but is going like Michel Schumacher…
As far as my hardware is concerned, I use a Liteon 48246S which should be no problem.

Greetingz and TIA

Cat

well i have seen lots of wierd stuff happen angel …sd 2.9 is very hardware dependent but your lite on should do it easy …here are instructions for blindwrite …also with sd 2.9 u will want to use autoplay …if u are using blindwrite …

if you use another program u dont have to use autoplay …but this will get ya up and going …also blindwrite 5 takes away all settings needed to know …and it will be coming out soon …here are the instructions …also what game ??

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75501

should get ya up and running

also i just try to tend to have a few burner software on my pc …cause believe it or not …software does have conflicts out there all the time with other software …so sometimes i stick with just a few …but i test all software …just to get it going and to help users

cheers …just follow step by step …small tutorial i wrote for users

Hi,

just did exactly what you said in your thread. No audio now but still a coaster: it keeps on asking for the CD. :a
Any clues? I saw something in the thread about Via 4 in 1 drivers. Could they screw up the whole thing??

easy way to find out … if you go in blindwrite do you see SCSI by the drive ??? if so yep via tools is it …also look in pc see if you have via tools installed … what chipset are you running ?

yes, it’s them. I have a Abit KR7A raid mobo with a VIA KT266 chipset. But should I reinstall the Windows drivers then?? It’s gettin’ a f… pain in the ass:(

if your running windows xp …rollback drivers to microsoft and reburn and try again …redo image …and then writie it again …or just try out disc I cant remember if i had to reburn … .or not … it is suppose to be fixed with new via drivers on www.viaarena.com … just go there and get new 4.49 drivers …it is a zip file that is somthing p2.zip …or just use microsoft …I have brand new gigabyte board if i use any drivers but microsoft it will not play sd 2.9 games for some reason …always says insert cd … and i found out via did same thing …but keep us posted and i will help more if i can

let us know

> I have installed Clone CD and Alcohol as well.

Make sure that the virtual drive component of CloneCD is not installed. If unsure, uninstall ccd and either do not re-install or else do a custon re-install without the vd component.

Also make sure that hide cdr media is not active if ccd installed. Use alcohol’s Ignore media type if playing copy from a writer.

Also, make sure that you’re using the current version of alcohol.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]> I have installed Clone CD and Alcohol as well.

Make sure that the virtual drive component of CloneCD is not installed. If unsure, uninstall ccd and either do not re-install or else do a custon re-install without the vd component.

Also make sure that hide cdr media is not active if ccd installed. Use alcohol’s Ignore media type if playing copy from a writer.

Also, make sure that you’re using the current version of alcohol. [/B]

I’ll be d…!!! Just uninstalled CCD and used Alcohol’s ‘Ignore media type’ to be able to PLAY one of my ‘coasters’.
Thanx alot pal!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Giovanni42104 thanx alot as well for the tips about the use of the different drivers.