Problem with saved compilation in Nero 6

I’ve just bought my first DVD burner (Pioneer 106D) and I have noticed a quite odd bug in Nero. I made a DVD-video compilation and burned it to a DVD-RW to test it. Then I saved the compilation to burn to a DVD-R if the RW disc worked. The RW disc worked fine, and I burned a -R disc and the burning went fine. But my DVD player can’t play it, it only shows “T 1” (Track 1) it is a Sony NS405. Then I believed it was the disc (never used them before) burned another, didn’t work. Bought a Verbatim, same result, not playable.
But the I test to write the same compilation (unchanged from first time) to the previously used RW disc and it got the same “error”.

My conclusion of this is that Nero doesn’t burn a seved compilation the same way as a “fresh” unsaved. I have both burned the DVD-RW and one of the DVD-R disc with a fresh compilation and both plays on my Sony.

Has any one else encountered this problem?

But the disc that wasn’t playable in the Sony worked on my DVD-rom in the computer…

// Tobias

I have done a little ”research” on why the saved compilation DVD will not play on my Sony NS405.
I compared the files on the discs but they were identical, then it is probably something with the DVD itself.
I burned the same DVD-RW first and then saved. The difference I saw was that the non working copy did not have a Volume name.

Info from DVDInfoPro in my DVD-ROM (DVDInfoPro crashes with the RW in the DVD-R drive)

Working:
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Drive doesn’t support media code
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name TEST2
Application id
Implementation id AHEAD Nero
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 10/ 7/2003 19:06:13
Format Capacity 0.30GB(0.32GB)
Book Type DVD-RW
Media Type DVD-RW
Media Id Code Speed Unknown
Write Strategy Speed Not Defined
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 26B1Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Non Working:
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Drive doesn’t support media code
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name
Application id
Implementation id AHEAD Nero
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 10/ 7/2003 19:42:40
Format Capacity 0.30GB(0.32GB)
Book Type DVD-RW
Media Type DVD-RW
Media Id Code Speed Unknown
Write Strategy Speed Not Defined
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 26B1Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem, is it only some DVD-players that is this particular?
Does the Nero people know about this, any on who knows?

I’m using Nero 6.0.0.15

// Tobias