Problem with Samsung sh-s182m

I have searched through the threads and can not find a posting about the same problem and when I do searches I just get an error message so I am going to try a new post. I have a Samsung sh-s182m lightscribe drive and I am using Optodisc DVD+R discs. When I put them in the drive and look at the properties I get 0 bytes used and 0 bytes free, just as if I hadn’t inserted a disc. Using DVDShrink and Nero 7 I am still able to burn DVDs and files to the discs, but then I can not veiw them or play them useing this drive. I have been able to view the files on other computers and they play perfectly in DVD players. I have the latest firmware updates for my drive and the latest drivers. This problem only exists with this specific type of Optodisc discs. I do not have this problem with other brands or types of discs. A simple solution would be to use another brand, but I still have almost 125 of the discs, and 75 or so that I have already used. Please advise.

Check if InCD is installed, remove it!

No, InCD is not installed

[QUOTE=ace531;1926359]I have searched through the threads and can not find a posting about the same problem and when I do searches I just get an error message so I am going to try a new post. I have a Samsung sh-s182m lightscribe drive and I am using Optodisc DVD+R discs. When I put them in the drive and look at the properties I get 0 bytes used and 0 bytes free, just as if I hadn’t inserted a disc. Using DVDShrink and Nero 7 I am still able to burn DVDs and files to the discs, but then I can not veiw them or play them useing this drive. I have been able to view the files on other computers and they play perfectly in DVD players. I have the latest firmware updates for my drive and the latest drivers. This problem only exists with this specific type of Optodisc discs. I do not have this problem with other brands or types of discs. A simple solution would be to use another brand, but I still have almost 125 of the discs, and 75 or so that I have already used. Please advise.[/QUOTE]

If this problem do not show for other brands of disk then the drive is trouble free and you should look for the solution or answer in your Optodisc brand. Ma be the firmware you have in your Samsung is not recognizing this brand of disc.