Problem with Ripit4Me Program

I have Ripit4Me version 1.6.9.0 and FixVTS version 1.6.0.3 on Windows XP Professional.

I was cleaning up my hard drive yesterday and I deleted about 13 folders of movies that I had burned to DvD’s in my private collection and as I was defragmenting the HD it showed a alot of red file space, so I was thinking after I cleared out the old movies it would show more? But it didn’t. The last movie I tried ripping was Vantage Point, but that failed. After the defrag finished running the computer said that all 120 GB of the hard drive was filled up. However I know there wasn’t more than 43% of the HD filled.

My questions are:

1. Does this program save recorded movies in a ghost folder directory that I am not seeing? I ask because I have burned about 500 movies and I have never had this problem before?

2. Did trying to burn Vantage Point cause a fatal error that sabotaged my hard drive?

3. How can I tweak the computer to undo the full HD error without having to take it to a computer geek to correct?

Using windows SEARCH tool, you can search for files or folders, by date, size, file type. Try searching for files that are larger than 1gb. That should show you where any video files might be located…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2091298]Using windows SEARCH tool, you can search for files or folders, by date, size, file type. Try searching for files that are larger than 1gb. That should show you where any video files might be located…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip Rob, however it says they are in an Application folder and I cannot see that when I click on my documents name. How can I get the Applications folder to show up?

RipIt4Me / Logs & Settings / View Saved Logs or Tools / Folder Options / View Show Hiddens Files & Folders / Documents & Settings / your user name / Application Data, don’t forget Dvd Shrink also stores it’s analysis files in All Users / Application Data. Do you use Norton?

I found that the problem was I had a wireless router and that it occasionally makes a text file RtacDbg which becomes the entire size of the HD and that you have to go into Safe Mode and delete it. That corrected the problem, however it may still come back and do that again at a later date.