Problem with Resident Evil: Apocalypse

I have been using DVDFab Platinum for a while now with any problems, however I encountered something new when trying to copy Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

I receive a dialog box stating that DVDFab “Failed to get DVD information” and to send the IFO files. Whether I send the files or not, upon closing the dialog box, DVDFab Platinum refused to acknowledge the DVD in the drive or allow me to copy it.

If I select another copy method, and browse to the DVD, I receive the same Feedback dialog box.

I have tried to copy this title on both my desktop and my laptop computer with the same results, so therefore I doubt that it is a hardware issue.

Thanks!

Rob Weiss

Gateway E-4100 (Intel D865GLC Motherboard) with P4 3.00 GHz CPU
HP Litescribe Internal Drive (DVD840) on secondary IDE controller
DVDFab Platinum V 3.0.3.5

[QUOTE=weissr;1611131]I have been using DVDFab Platinum for a while now with any problems, however I encountered something new when trying to copy Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

I receive a dialog box stating that DVDFab “Failed to get DVD information” and to send the IFO files. Whether I send the files or not, upon closing the dialog box, DVDFab Platinum refused to acknowledge the DVD in the drive or allow me to copy it.

If I select another copy method, and browse to the DVD, I receive the same Feedback dialog box.

I have tried to copy this title on both my desktop and my laptop computer with the same results, so therefore I doubt that it is a hardware issue.

Thanks!

Rob Weiss

Gateway E-4100 (Intel D865GLC Motherboard) with P4 3.00 GHz CPU
HP Litescribe Internal Drive (DVD840) on secondary IDE controller
DVDFab Platinum V 3.0.3.5[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem in this series, the rest of the discs work fine. Did you ever find a work around? Thanks!

They are discs most probably from a poorly pressed batch, it happens, they play but they wont copy, it has nothing to do with protection.

[QUOTE=MadCow217;2684378]I am having the same problem in this series, the rest of the discs work fine. Did you ever find a work around? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi MadCow217 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

That query related to DVDFab version 3 which was a long, long, long, time ago as they’re on version 9 now.

Basically the program was updated to cope with this movie which ceased to be a problem.

What version of DVDFab are you currently using?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2684386]Hi MadCow217 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

That query related to DVDFab version 3 which was a long, long, long, time ago as they’re on version 9 now.

Basically the program was updated to cope with this movie which ceased to be a problem.

What version of DVDFab are you currently using?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

8.2.2.7…BUT, I just did try to download the Beta (v.9)…it installs & launches fine, but it will NOT take my subscription key! Any advise or help?

For version 9 you need to register at the DVDFab ‘Member Center’

Then when you go into the program enter those same details (the email address you’ve used and your password) and it will be recognised online.

The problem could be a faulty disc as Alan suggests though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2684392]For version 9 you need to register at the DVDFab ‘Member Center’

Then when you go into the program enter those same details (the email address you’ve used and your password) and it will be recognised online.

The problem could be a faulty disc as Alan suggests though.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Wombler! Got it working after registering online. Apocalypse working now on v.9.0.3.3…thanks again!