Problem with R1 "The Fog"

Hi! I got an error message when copying “The Fog” R1, but I don’t know what to do about it: “invalid start block code - PS 10 VOBU 4 70 25 Clone 6 TCE”.

I’m using current versions of DVDRegion+CSS Free, AnyDVD and DVDDecryptor to burn files to HD (Windows XP Home), then current CloneDVD2 to process and burn to DVD.

It stops at one percent then gives me this message.

(If anyone has a better/easier way of doing this, using the same tools, I would be obliged).

Hmm, have you tried to do the entire process with latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD only ? (Disable DVDRegion+CSS Free)

Sorry needed editing!!

Hi, I’ve had the same problem with Madagascar! - same error: invalid start block code - PS 10 VOBU 4 70 25 Clone 6 TCE. The only way that I could get Clone DVD to make a succesful copy was to cut out chapter 1!!! as there is a blank before the movie starts that seems to creates this error!! (Do this by selecting the scissor icon below the preview box in page 2 of CloneDVD - move the blue cursors to crop the video). - A bit pointless if you can’t have the whole move!! Someone on this site suggested that you could copy the Video_TS file from the CD to your hard drive and then use CloneDVD Option 3 - The File is too big to fit on a standard DVD, so you need to use DVDShrink first. In DVDshrink you have an option to “clip” your main movie once you’ve chosed titles and compression (0% required here so great quality). If you try to clip from the begining of Chapter 1 you get an error from DVD Shrink! I started at chapter 2 and worked back frame by frame (+/- 3 min of video) to the begining point of the movie. I then outputed this to a folder and used Clone DVD option 3 and Bobs your aunty!
Get DVDshrink 4 free on this site and theres a great step by step “how to” at http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm. Don’t forget that you must have something like AnyDVD running as well. (I’m running old versions and it all worked well!!)

I did try without DVDRegion+CSS, got the same result.

I’m not about to try and delete Chapter 1 (which is the movie) then edit and rework it, crop it, etc.;way too much work.

It used to be simple, AnyDVD + CloneDVD2, done…I don’t think the products are living up to their advertisements anymore; the forum (in lieu of contacting tech support) more often than not seems to be recommending other products/tools as workarounds for things that, I think, need to be addressed by the products’ makers.

If anyone has some constructive advice (other than telling me to f-off for bagging on the software), I’d like to hear it.

It used to be simple, AnyDVD + CloneDVD2, done…I don’t think the products are living up to their advertisements anymore; the forum (in lieu of contacting tech support) more often than not seems to be recommending other products/tools as workarounds for things that, I think, need to be addressed by the products’ makers.

Did you send the .ifo to Slysoft? They can’t fix what they don’t have.

if you think this is an anydvd issue, here are the instructions for sending IFO files to Slysoft

I had no problems with R1 widescreen “The Fog”. CloneDVD2 2.8.5.1 with AnyDVD 5.7.3.1 worked great for me.

To echo rolling56,

“R1 widescreen “The Fog”. CloneDVD2 2.8.5.1 with AnyDVD 5.8.3.1 worked great.”

And no problems here with the R1 fullscreen version using the same Clone,AnyDVD combination.

did you guys copy also the previews??because on my rig i got the identical setup and same software versions as you guys and i get that error?? but if i remove the trailers i can copy my movie.?? any ideas? r1 also…Canada. tried backing up Mickey fun Factory and aslo Donald fun Factory,same block errors.?HMM?

PS 10 VOBU 4 622 7 Clone 6 TCE thaats the error i get? 77% all the time

I do movie only, as I have no use for “extras”.

Got very same error as marvelman, why dose a earlier version of any dvd work and not the new one???

:a Got very same error as marvelman, why dose a earlier version of any dvd work and not the new one???

Used anydvd and clonedvd2 and had no problems. did just the movie and the menus

I am a newbie in the dvd copying myself from local Blockbuster Movie Pass and I rented the movie, The Fog, on widescreen yesterday and I was able to copy it. I copied it using my Memorex Dual Burner along with ANYDVD 5.8.2.1 and CLONEDVD2 2.8.5.1 without an issue.

this is illegal. read the forum rules before posting again.

This guy is an industry plant! I also don’t trust this guy here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=164506

We at cdf do not provide help to pirates! We execise our “fair use” rights for and only for movies we have purchased in order to protect our entertainment investment from damage. Even if you are not a plant and you want to own the movie, then buy it! Or stick to renting.

Here is what I did. DVDShrink would error out so I used DVDfabdecrypter to rip it to HD. Then I opened it with DVDSHRINK. For some reason when I opened it there was still some strange things going on such as the audio file sizes being about 7MB. I re-analyzed it with DVDShrink and was then able to read it properly. That is what worked for me.

Everything work Fine with those Prog: AnyDVD 5.7.3.1 & CloneDVD 2 2.8.5.1