Problem with Plextools 115 and freedb

When i try to search my local freedb database, no CD Record is found! Has anyone the same problem or is it a problem with my PC? In Audiograbber everything works fine with the freedb database!!!

freedb.org may have been down temporarily or maybe the CD isn’t in their database.

I just tested it, and it works fine. When CD Text is used with freedb.org, the MP3 ID tags are automatically imported. The AudioCD Player plays the CD Text track titles.

In Digital Audio Extraction the default for the file name is set to Track%N, which will return Track01, Track02, etc. In order for the file name to be adjusted, right click on a track and select Filename Options. Changing the setting to Track%T will return the track name for each track from freedb. :wink:

I don’t have a problem with freedb, although it did go down a week or so ago, but I find that PlexTools 1.15A doesn’t give me the artist in a rip. Have the filename set as: %A - %C [%N] %T ,but that doesn’t seem to work. Works in every other program that I’ve tried (EAC and CDex, ect…)

Even with that, I still like these tools a great deal. They are quick, quick, quick, and those in the know more than I have verified that we will get the best rips with these tools and a Plex drive.

Dave

now the online Version of freedb works fine, but the local Version doesnt’ work!!!

I think the problem with the artist (%A) only exists on maxis. With samplers it works fine.

Originally posted by ptbarni

I think the problem with the artist (%A) only exists on maxis. With samplers it works fine.

maxis? Is this a particular server, version of PlexTools or what? I am unfamiliar with the term. Any clarification of your answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
:confused:

I wanted to say that when i use %A with samplers, the artist is shown in Plextools. But when i insert a “maxi” single CD, the Artist is not shown.

Sorry for my bad english.

Björn

Originally posted by ptbarni
[B]I wanted to say that when i use %A with samplers, the artist is shown in Plextools. But when i insert a “maxi” single CD, the Artist is not shown.

Sorry for my bad english.

Björn [/B]

Bjorn,

Ahh, you do a great job with English. I couldn’t tell that it is your 2nd (even third+) language. Since I’m new to a lot of this ripping area, I assumed that maxis was just some highly technical audio or equipment term. :slight_smile:

thanks for the clarification,

Dave