Problem with pioneer A06 while burning CD (not dvd)

vbimport

hello everybody,
i’ve just bought this new burner, but i have some problems with it :frowning:

if i try to burn disc-at-once/96
disc can’t finalise properly: http://web.wanadoo.be/arwk0003/dao96.jpg
but disc at once work fine

and if try to overburn, disc-at-once don’t work: http://web.wanadoo.be/arwk0003/dao.jpg
but dao/96 write it (but still can’t finalise)

tryed nero5, updated to nero6: didn’t change anything
updated firmware to 1.06: same problems

any solution?
maybe an idea?

me again,
i’ve tryed record now max, burn failed too :frowning:

could the region setting be a problem (not set yet)?
or the way i connected the burner on the ide controller?

(ide1 master: primary HD
ide1 slave: dvd reader
ide2 master: secondary HD
ide2 slave: Pioneer A06)

Have you tried different brands of discs?

I have some problems with discs made by prodisc for example (sold as many different brands, like memorex, smartby, datawrite and a lot of other brands).

i tryed 2 brand (but don’t know about the manufacturer)
sylvercircle 48* (working perfectly in my liteon cdr)
and memorex 24*

the same image can be burned without error with my liteon cdr.

note that pioneer a06 make “not overburned disc” perfectly in DAO.
overburning is simply impossible without activating dao-96

but dao96 can’t be finalized

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
damn new technology :wink:

silvercircle is also prodisc :wink:

To be honest I’ve not tried overburning with the drive yet…

since that is to be included late in the review…and I’m not that long in the reviewing process yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try that and get back to you…

Originally posted by OC-Freak
I’ll try that and get back to you…

ok, thanks

but according to http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Pioneer+DVR-A06+DVD�RW+recorder&Series=0&index=7

this drive should be able to burn Up to 98min

same problem here. (v1.05)

no matter which media i try (and i tried several…) the pio106 just won’t overburn.

could this be just a firmware issue?

isn’t any body having the same problem?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi, I have been having the same problem as you guys.
It seems that the pioneer doesn’t fully support overburning.

Hi, I have been having the same problem as you guys.

I have been having the same problem as you guys.

I have tried almost every software known to man to try and overburn an SVCD to no avail. I just get the same ‘Invalid field in parameter’ error with every software I’ve tried, but thankfully after extensive testing I have a solution.

I have a Pioneer 106 with hacked 107 firmware, but it works with any firmware, this should work on earlier drives too.

First of all create the SVCD image with VCDeasy then load that into DAEMON tools.
Download CloneCD (I’m using 4.2.02) then just use the CD to CD copy option and hey presto! an overburned disk without any problems.

I guess this will also work with audio CD’s too or for that matter overburning any kind of CD.
You just need to create an image using nero or whatever software (DAEMONtools supports most) select the type of disk you are burning in CloneCD and away you go.

Hope it works for you too, let me know how you guys get on.

I have been having the same problem as you guys.

I have tried almost every software known to man to try and overburn an SVCD to no avail. I just get the same ‘Invalid field in parameter’ error with every software I’ve tried, but thankfully after extensive testing I have a solution.

I have a Pioneer 106 with hacked 107 firmware, but it works with any firmware, this should work on earlier drives too.

First of all create the SVCD image with VCDeasy then load that into DAEMON tools.
Download CloneCD (I’m using 4.2.0.2) then just use the CD to CD copy option and hey presto! an overburned disk without any problems.

I guess this will also work with audio CD’s too or for that matter overburning any kind of CD.
You just need to create an image using nero or whatever software (DAEMONtools supports most) select the type of disk you are burning in CloneCD and away you go.

Hope it works for you too, let me know how you guys get on.

P.S. sorry about the previous post, was having a few issues with the PC while I was posting that message.

i dont have the pioneer but i couldnt use dvd shrink until i put a movie dvd in and set the region in my liteon…i would just get errors.