Problem with Pioneer 212 DVD writer - slow burn

Hi I am brand new to this forum and require some help… I have fitted a new 212 writer but it is burning so slow and almost crashes my pc… I have another writer ATAPI DW (on normal IDE connection) also same speed and rating and it works really well. This takes 3:20 minures to burn a 1.4GB dvd and I can still work doing other things on th PC although it is a bit slow from the memory usage and whereas the new 212 takes from 8 to 9:30 minutes to burn the same dvd… I changed the firmware from 1.09 to 1.21 and still no difference. I have it fitted to SATA 1 socket. I re-formatted the PC and still no difference. My pc specs are: Patriot PT 2980 with Intel pentium 4 processor 515, 512MB DDR. I have tried using Nero 6 and Nero 7… still no difference. I have monitored the CPU usage and with the Pioneer it is ± 75 - 100% whereas the ATAPI is about 5 - 30% usage… This Pioneer just takes so much pc power to run!! Can anyone help? Thanks Zim

whats your motherboard? (if you dont know then get hwinfo32 http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hwinfo.html click “motherboard” on the left and have a look at the “motherboard model” field)

Closing this duplicate thread.

The other can be found here .