Problem with Pioneer 115d Burner

Hi everyone

My Laptop burner died on me(wont burn DL anymore) so i went out and purchased a new 115D(over the 112) yesterday.Slammed it in an ext case and powered up etc etc
The problem im having is it wont burn any discs at all, it will read all cd/dvd’s but won’t burn.

When i connect it up it fails logo testing for XP,so i install anyway.

What am i doing wrong if anything

External cases are notorious for using chipsets that will not work with optical drives. Do you have any info on the chip?

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the reply,

All i can tell you is that it is a Welland ME 340 series enclosure.

What i dont understand is that it will read cd/dvd.It burns a little(10 %) and then fails and spits out the disc

http://www.anyware.com.au/Browse/ce6b6cff4fcd44a98d3d32fa1e1835f6001ItemDetail.aspx

Just try with better media, Verbatim & TY.

This is the media i am using for DVD and fo cd.Never had a problem with them,burnt hundreds if not thousands of disks before. :sad:

Put in a Lite-On and it will work :wink:

Well i put this 115d in cause its supposed to be a great burner,spent a whole $110 on it and i dont think my wife would like it if i spent more $$$$

Can anyone help or should i just return the burner??

The Pioneer is a great burner, but like all Pioneers it’s very picky on the interface and it will be difficult to find an external enclosure it likes. Maybe a search on the forum or another user reading this can help identify an enclosure/chipset it works well with.

Also, when you say you connect it and it fails logo testing, there’s something wrong because USB devices should work with XP’s own drivers and not require any additional driver installation.

First, the problem is probably not related to media, however, your choice of Ritek G05 is frought with peril as these are notorious for premature failure.

Take a look inside the case and see what name is on the chipset. The behavior you are describing is exactly what one would expect from a chipset not suited for optical drives. I agree that your drive is a good one so you will need a new enclosure no matter what you do. BTW, you are at 8X aren’t you? Anything faster is a problem with almost any external combo except for a few newer cases.

A reliable case is here.

Thanks all for the replies,but i ditched the pioneer and swapped it for an
:eek: Asus DRW-1814BL Light scribe burner and have already burnt a few dvd’s and it works great

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

[QUOTE=Babyjai;1982968]Thanks all for the replies,but i ditched the pioneer and swapped it for an
:eek: Asus DRW-1814BL Light scribe burner and have already burnt a few dvd’s and it works great

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:[/QUOTE]

Then most likely the Pio was not correctly connected (or it is defective).