Problem with Philips DVD8631

vbimport

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and I’ve joined because I’m having some problems with my PC. I was either hacked or a trojan invaded my PC, something created new admin accounts on my PC, and, among other things, disabled copying on my PC. I’ve been told to reformat my hard drive, but I’ve got lots of files on my PC I cannot copy to disk first because the copy function isn’t set up (was turned off).

My advanced settings are:

Device 0
Device type: auto Detection (Greyed)
Transfer Mode: DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 2

Device 1
Device type: Auto Detection
Transfer Mode: DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode: Not applicable

This is probably easy stuff for you folks, but how do I turn the copy fuction on my DVD player back on so I can start the process of starting over?

By the way, this is the error message I get when I try to burn DVDs:

"ALERT

MyDVD has detected that DMA is turned off from one or more of the recording devices attached to the system. In order to successfully write to the device, DMA should be turned on, refer to your operating system manual or use Windows Help for instructions on how to do this."

TIA

Post the text output of Nero Infotool as text file attachment using the Manage Attatchments button so we can have a look at your config.

Vielen Dank for the quick response. Here’s the text output:

Post the result of the Nero CD-DVD Speed burst transfer test, you need a disk with some data in the drive to run the test. It should display about 23 MB/sec.

Thanks again – attached is hopefully what you’ve asked for:

Any feedback? I just want to know how to switch on my drive’s copy capabilities so I can back up my files and reformat my PC. Thanks.

bump

bump mark II

Ever thought about to use another burning software. IIRC Sonic MyDVD v.6.x doesn’t support your drive, (can’t check this for sure because I don’t use that app).
There are trial versions of Nero and also free burning software.

Next would be to uninstall GEARAspiWDM driver filters. Use search or google for solutions.

I was either hacked or a trojan invaded my PC, something created new admin accounts on my PC, and, among other things, disabled copying on my PC…
Really…? :confused:

Ever thought about to use another burning software. IIRC Sonic MyDVD v.6.x doesn’t support your drive, (can’t check this for sure because I don’t use that app).

Thanks, I never had a problem with the software until the malicious attack on my computer – I burned many DVDs and copied many files to CD. It’s only now that I can’t do it.