Problem with optical drive in Acer Aspire 5672wlmi

vbimport

h1 to all ? i have notebook Acer Aspire 5672 WLMI and when installing games it starts to be very loudly and notebook starts to lag, what shoul i do? ( sorry for my english)
drive is Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-845S

Hi [B]ICQ_f0r3v3r[/B], welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

The lagging might be because your DVD drive is operating in PIO mode instead of DMA mode. Try looking in this thread:

Troubleshooting: Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x

When you say that the notebook is loud, do you mean that the disc and drive is making a lot of noise due to spinning fast or perhaps seeking back and forth for the files to install?

h1 xD, i understand only few words) yes disc is spinnig too fast but it instals very long

my harddrive is woking in DMA mode ? but i am speaking about drive that reads cd’s and dvd’s (sorry for english)

[QUOTE=ICQ_f0r3v3r;2064956]my harddrive is woking in DMA mode ? but i am speaking about drive that reads cd’s and dvd’s (sorry for english)[/QUOTE]
If your drive is working in PIO mode /DMA is disabled or is not working at all/ than your drive is reading all media at very slow speed and game installation take a very long time. Please check if you have DMA enabled.
Or maybe you are using heavily scratched or badly burned media.

[QUOTE=pepst;2064973]If your drive is working in PIO mode /DMA is disabled or is not working at all/ than your drive is reading all media at very slow speed and game installation take a very long time. Please check if you have DMA enabled.
Or maybe you are using heavily scratched or badly burned media.[/QUOTE]

no it works in DMA and disks are new and lysense