Problem with on the fly buring!

vbimport

Hi there,

I have the NEC 2500 A (firmware 1.07)

I have a DVD+RW from memorex that contains a dvdmovie, know I want to copy it to a DVD-R (Traxdata 4x)

SO i put the DVD+RW in my NEC 5800 (DVD-ROM) and try to copy on the fly using Nero 6.3.1.6 , at about 90% it gives a burn failure :sad:

If I use dvd decrypter to copy the DVD+Rw to my Hard disk and then use dvd shrink to make a dvd out of it and then burn it from my hard disk to a dvd-r it does work.

anyone have an idea why I can’t burn on the fly?

Is it because I am trying to burn from a + to a - dvd. Or shouldn’t that make a diffrence.

Please advise me

put the disc in the rom drive and test it with nero cd speed and observe the transfer graph. Maybe the drive experiences speed bumps/slow downs near the end of the disc which are causing ur problems.
I take it that both drives are on different IDE controllers… are they?

Probably, the source DVD contains an unrecovered read error. That’s why the burning process fails. Even if the drives are on the same IDE channel, the burning should not fail due to the buffer underrun protection.

AFAIK, the NEC 5800 reads DVD+RWs really slowly. If you want it to read DVD+RW fast enough, you need to bookmark your DVD+RW as DVD-Rom. Check the bitsetting topic for more information about bitsetting.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]Probably, the source DVD contains an unrecovered read error. That’s why the burning process fails. Even if the drives are on the same IDE channel, the burning should not fail due to the buffer underrun protection.

AFAIK, the NEC 5800 reads DVD+RWs really slowly. If you want it to read DVD+RW fast enough, you need to bookmark your DVD+RW as DVD-Rom. Check the bitsetting topic for more information about bitsetting. [/B]

change the bitsetting from RW to ROM , what happens if you do that !!!

Most drives have a lower maximum read speed limit for DVD+RW discs.
Bitsetting to DVD-ROM allows the drive to read it at faster speeds because it is “tricked” into thinking it is a commercial pressed DVD.
This may or may not help you with burning on the fly using a DVD+RW as the source disc…