Problem with Norton Ghost Corperate

vbimport

Ver 7.0 and also tried 7.5

using a CDRom bootdisk

im trying to create an image of one disk. I have 2 seperate physical drives, both in ntfs format, one has 32 gig total with 1 gig taken up, the other has 80gig total with no data on it.

my problem is when i select the location to save the image i can only see the CD burner and A: drive

BUT when i am selecting the source for the image i can see both drives and all partitions,

ideas ?
cheers

Hi!

Ghost can’t write on ntfs partitions… just on fat…
so if u want to make an image then make a fat32 partition usin partition magic and ghost will see it

cheers

Actaully I think it can write a ntfs partition.

Well… Ghost can clone a ntfs partition… disk to disk or dump to a file BUT can’t dump a partition (NTFS,FAT,LINUX) ON a ntfs partition… simply Ghost do not see the destination space…

cheers

thats what i thought was well…but i was informed it was only the home editions that could not write NTFS.

The corperate edition says it has ntfs support.
perhaps its as you say, read only.

PS, i dumped it to a CDRW. HDD had 1.8gig of data on it, fit it on 1 (YES 1) cd, high compresssion, image size 643mb.

checked and verified the image.
works fine.

If the partition/drive only has 1Gb of info, why not ghost it to a CD and use compression (High) to get it to fit on a CD. To get Ghost to image an NTFS partition use the command ghost -ntil

If the partition/drive only has 1Gb of info, why not ghost it to a CD and use compression (High) to get it to fit on a CD

Read my above post…think it says i alraedy did it :stuck_out_tongue:

To get Ghost to image an NTFS partition use the command ghost -ntil

Thank champ…very helpfull