Problem with Nero DriveSpeed

I’m using DriveSpeed on my pc with the LTR-48126S, and it locks my drive. As in I can’t use it with Nero, though CloneCD works with a warning message. Is there a way to go around this?

Also, Nero created a Image Recorder when it thought I didn’t have a writer, how do I get rid of it? I did it before but my memory is failing me.

Thnx all in advance :slight_smile:

Did you look in Add/Remove Programs under “ImageDrive (Ahead Software)”?

See the information at Nero DriveSpeed Documentation. Your Lite-on may possibly be incompatible with DriveSpeed while using Nero. In any event, personally I would never use DriveSpeed in a burning program, but only when copying or playing a file.

There is really no reason to use DriveSpeed, shut it down and disable it from running at startup.
Image Recorder and Image Drive are 2 different things. Image Recorder is part of Nero, it’s how you write an image to the HD instead of burning it to CD.

Well I just wanted to limit my lite-on’s reading speed from 48x to 40x to save life and reduce noise. But I guess I can go along without it.

As for the Image Recorder, I thought there was a way to like disable that feature of Nero, wasn’t there?

As for the Image Recorder, I thought there was a way to like disable that feature of Nero, wasn’t there?

No, but why would you wish to?

Well its a lil annoyin to see it, and since I dont need it, I rather not have it. It isnt mandatory and none of my other pcs have it when they only have a writer installed, so there has to be some way to just like disable it. I did it before but I can’ t remember.

Well its a lil annoyin to see it

The only place you should see this is on the “select recorder” list. and it should be present in any current version of Nero. There is no way to remove it that I’ve ever heard of.

Hmm ok I guess, sorry for bothering u guys.