Problem with Nec AD 7200S and reading dvd+R

vbimport

Hi

I`m having trouble reading some TDK Dvd+R 16x Media after i burned them.

Some stops about 70% when i try to read my files over to my HD from them.

Doesent this burner like the dvd+r from TDK ?

i use the latest 1.09 or was it 0.9 original firmware on it.

Please help me to know if its my burner that dont like the media, or i have to use other brand dvd media for it.

Regards

Its well known crap media, try with Verbatim or TY/JVC.

What is the mid code of your medias ?
I have MBIPG101 R05 (crap) and TDK003 (better) dvd+r tdk…

[QUOTE=Lithium466;2497739]What is the mid code of your medias ?
I have MBIPG101 R05 (crap) and TDK003 (better) dvd+r tdk…[/QUOTE]

It is 003

Hehe i just noticed my burner was set to 18x, is that bad for the 16x media.

Of all the dvdr that dont work, they stop reading at 97%, and when i look at the dvd i can see alittle line near the outer boarder of the dvd that is blank. Like something happened around that places on them

A lot of media don’t do well when burned faster than their rated speed.
Try a burn at 16x and see if that improves things, if not, try some Verbatim media to rule out a problem with the burner.

I read here that is a good finger rule to burn the dvd in alittle under theyre max speed, would that be better for the media, and maby secure an good solid burn ?

Maby i should try 12x on the 16x, or 14 if its possible.

Cheers

[QUOTE=Digidice;2497884]Hehe i just noticed my burner was set to 18x, is that bad for the 16x media.[/QUOTE]It’s not bad for all media…but it’s bad for most.

[QUOTE=Dee;2497894]Try a burn at 16x and see if that improves things, if not, try some Verbatim media to rule out a problem with the burner.[/QUOTE] I’d go one step further and suggest you burn no faster than 12x; I find that 8x produces the best results for most combinations of 16x media and DVD burners, and there’s enough 16x media out there that doesn’t burn well near the edge of the disc at 16x.

@Digidice: Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, and its a good forum :slight_smile:

Is this a good media as the Verbatim ones, or should i change brand from TDK to Verbatim ?

Regards

[QUOTE=Digidice;2497907]Is this a good media as the Verbatim ones, or should i change brand from TDK to Verbatim ?[/QUOTE] TDK 16x DVD+/-R media hasn’t been nearly as good for me as Verbatim 16x DVD+/-R media, so I would try some Verbatims next time, if I were you.

Thank you for quick reply, im lucky i found this forum with this tips.

Its nothing that ppl think of when they buy, ppl tend to choose the cheapes brand to burn on.
But here i can find updated info about difrent media