Problem with ND-3550A & DL disks

Hi…
I’m new to the website but I searched and couldn’t find an answer to my question, so, here it goes…
I’ve had a Nec ND-3550A DVD burner for about 2 months now. I’ve never had a broblem with it until now. I just bought my first DVD+R DL disks (Verbatim). Went to burn a .dmg image into one of them and I saw a couple of strange things that had never happened to me before. First, it said “The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The Block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?” I tried everything and won’t correct it, so I just ignored it." Then, it burned the Dvd at 8x when the case says it has only a 2.4X speed. I kept ignoring this. Apparently, it all went smoothly. When I insert the Dvd in my iBook G4 (.dmg is an image for Macs; and I’ve done this before but not with DL disk), it read that the meda inserted is empty. Ok, I think maybe my drive doesn’t read burned DL disks…so I try on my NEC drive and it reads as empty too but when I try to burn 'em again, I can’t because it’s not a writable Dvd anymore.

…can anyone help me with this problem? Would really appreciate it…

Hi :slight_smile:

Would you mention what software you use for burning? :wink: