Problem with ND-2500a

my ND-2500a dvd-rw won’t burn DVDs. i am trying to make a new windows XP boot disc to reformat my computer, but the disc drive isn’t able to detect or burn dvds. i can see it on the device manager and on my computer. when i put in a blank dvd nothing pops up or no changes are made on my computer. the disc drive loads a bit and than stops completely. i have windows xp professional. if anyone can help thatd be great! thanks in advance

edit : my system is a
intel d865PERL chipset motherboard
P4 3.2 ghz processor
2gb ram

i tried burning straight from my computer and from nero. and also CDburnerXP none seem to work
i also tried upgrading the firmware but i get a error from the official firmware upgrade, and with binflash it says no supported devices found.

update: i found out how to flash the drive to new firmware, it’s currently flashed with 2.05d modified firmware. it can read CDs fine but when i try to put in a blank Memorex 16x dvdr, it does not read it, i get an error. can anyone help me out with this? anyone know what firmware would work with memorex 16x dvdrs? if someone could help me out thatd be great, i’d love you forever <3

Better off to get a more modern drive. The firmware is too old to recognize 16x media. Either try an 8x or get a new drive.

I’ve to second [I]pfloyd1[/I] on this one. :iagree:

But then, both Liggy/Dee-27 and Herrie have some nice firmware updates/crossflashes though. Google is your friend. :smiley:

damn… not enough fundings for a new one right now :confused: im gonna go try and find a working firmware

The laser pickup may be going out or it may be dirty. You try opening it up and see if it needs a gentle cleaning on the lens. I have restored some drives that wouldn’t read or burn anything doing that. If it’s all ready pretty much dead you don’t have a lot to loose trying.

[I][B]Somewhat off topic[/B][/I].[QUOTE=sNguyen;2305918]damn… not enough fundings for a new one right now :confused: im gonna go try and find a working firmware[/QUOTE]I’ve to work lesss then 2hrs for a new burner (shipping incl.) [in a tax loaded country, heh].
Don’t think that I or my GF really cares as long as there is food on the table every day (note, she is also working hard, okay she tells me this anyway )…:smiley:

You can crossflash to a 2510a. All that does is allow DL burning.

Nice [I]pfloyd1[/I], now we are talking business. :clap:

Hail cdfreaks.com. :flower:

[B][B][I]Way off topi[/I][/B]c[/B]

Had to remove that bow man. :flower: .Sure some of our members/visitors may think we are HBT rasist]
Note. HBT = [B]H[/B]omo, [B]B[/B]isexsual and [B]T[/B]ranssexual, politically correct as always, hen. Not me though!!! :bigsmile:]

I still have mine crossed over to Herries early DL burning FW, one of the first drives ever to do it, and a free upgrade:bow:
I bought a 30 dollar DL survival kit from Best Buy just to do one of the first test burns with it, disks still plays today and took about 45 minutes to burn.
I still have a BUNCH of the extra Plus and RW media they included with the kits to make you feel better about spending 30 bucks too:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=sNguyen;2305874]update: i found out how to flash the drive to new firmware, it’s currently flashed with 2.05d modified firmware. it can read CDs fine but when i try to put in a blank Memorex 16x dvdr, it does not read it, i get an error. can anyone help me out with this? anyone know what firmware would work with memorex 16x dvdrs? if someone could help me out thatd be great, i’d love you forever <3[/QUOTE]

You can try crossflashing to a 2510, but if the dvd part is dead you can forget the drive…