Problem with my sony DVD

vbimport

I gave my sony DVD player DVP NS628P to a friend but when he returned it it giving me a message cannot play this disc. I tried different discs and still the same message. I tried cleaning the lens yet no change. I am in Kisumu Kenya and I don’t know where sony DVD dealers are who can help me solve the problem. I returned it before to supermarket where I bought it when still on warranty period and they have to send to Nairobi. How can I be help here?

[QUOTE=abol_ama;2644954]I gave my sony DVD player DVP NS628P to a friend but when he returned it it giving me a message cannot play this disc. I tried different discs and still the same message. I tried cleaning the lens yet no change. I am in Kisumu Kenya and I don’t know where sony DVD dealers are who can help me solve the problem. I returned it before to supermarket where I bought it when still on warranty period and they have to send to Nairobi. How can I be help here?[/QUOTE]

Hi abol_ama;2644954

Welcome to the MyCE forum :flower:

If it is still under warranty your best bet would be to let them send it in for either repair or a replacement.

[B]SJ[/B]

It is not under warranty

Sorry misread your post :flower:

I will move your thread to the consumer electronics forum.

[QUOTE=abol_ama;2644954]I gave my sony DVD player DVP NS628P to a friend but when he returned it it giving me a message cannot play this disc. I tried different discs and still the same message. I tried cleaning the lens yet no change. I am in Kisumu Kenya and I don’t know where sony DVD dealers are who can help me solve the problem. I returned it before to supermarket where I bought it when still on warranty period and they have to send to Nairobi. How can I be help here?[/QUOTE]

If it’s a problem with the laser assembly though it’s likely to be uneconomic to repair.

It’s outside the warranty though so you could take it to any local electronics repair shop for an opinion.

The nearest repair shop I could find was either in Kakamega or Kisii, both of which seem to be some distance away, but you may know somewhere closer.

Rather than maybe wasting a journey though I’d suggest phoning them to discuss the problem first.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=abol_ama;2644954]I gave my sony DVD player DVP NS628P to a friend but when he returned it it giving me a message cannot play this disc. I tried different discs and still the same message. I tried cleaning the lens yet no change. I am in Kisumu Kenya and I don’t know where sony DVD dealers are who can help me solve the problem. I returned it before to supermarket where I bought it when still on warranty period and they have to send to Nairobi. How can I be help here?[/QUOTE]Unfortunate that the machine failed while your friend was using it. Any story from them about what happened? How long was the machine out of your hands?
Presumably the discs you’re testing it with are readable on a computer drive?
Maybe the most practical thing to do is to make use of playback through the USB socket, but that will mean ripping and possibly converting the DVDs to a different format. And having a USB drive or external HDD to store them on.