Problem with my Pioneer dvr-112d

Hi,
I have a Pioneer dvr-112d and when I try to scan any cd or dvd, nero discpeed write to me that was not a function supporter by the burner.
+
For the ritek cd 52x, the burner show to me that he can burn only at : 4x, 10x, 16x, 24x, 32x. Not 40x !!!
+
I cant read any verbatim dvd-r

I have the firmware 1.22 and the last nero 7.

Do I have a defective Pioneer Burner ??? or what is the problem ???

Thx in advance for your answers

[QUOTE=darky712;1919516]Hi,
I have a Pioneer dvr-112d and when I try to scan any cd or dvd, nero discpeed write to me that was not a function supporter by the burner.
[/QUOTE]
Nero cdspeed blocks scanning with Pioneer drives. You can release this block like described in the Samsung FAQ, as Samsung drives are also blocked, see http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803665-post.html

For the ritek cd 52x, the burner show to me that he can burn only at : 4x, 10x, 16x, 24x, 32x. Not 40x !!!

Not all media available is supported by drive manufactures at the speed the media manufacturer suggest. Nothing to worry about.

I cant read any verbatim dvd-r

This does not sound good. You mean cdspeed does not identify the disk and can not run a transfer rate test ? Can you read any DVD-ROM/+R/+RW/-RW media ?

I mean that the burner don’t recognize that he have a verbatim dvd-r on the burner.

That is a bit too vague.
What does cdspeed display in the disk info tab when a DVD-R is inserted ?
Can you read any DVD-ROM/+R/+RW/-RW media ?

[QUOTE=darky712;1919538]I mean that the burner don’t recognize that he have a verbatim dvd-r on the burner.[/QUOTE]A blank disc or a recorded disc?

a blank disc.

I put the verbatim dvd-r inside the drive and windows not recognize the dvd. He said that none media was on the burner.

[QUOTE=darky712;1919547]a blank disc.

I put the verbatim dvd-r inside the drive and windows not recognize the dvd. He said that none media was on the burner.[/QUOTE]It’s 100% normal, Windows is not supposed to handle blank DVDR [I]at all[/I].
You always need to use a burning software like Nero or IMGburn, or a utility like CDSpeed, DVDInfopro or DVDIdentifier to get info on, or record to, any blank you insert in your burner.
Windows will only recognize actually [I]written[/I] DVDRs.

Windows does not know blank media. Just burn it.

[QUOTE=darky712;1919516]Hi,
I have a Pioneer dvr-112d and when I try to scan any cd or dvd, nero discpeed write to me that was not a function supporter by the burner.[/QUOTE]

Scanning support for this drive has been removed at Pioneer’s request because the results were unpredictable.

[QUOTE=darky712;1919516]For the ritek cd 52x, the burner show to me that he can burn only at : 4x, 10x, 16x, 24x, 32x. Not 40x !!![/QUOTE]

This media speed has been limited to ensure quality, as that media ID is known to have a serious lack of consistency between batches.

[QUOTE=darky712;1919516]I cant read any verbatim dvd-r[/QUOTE]

I would suggest if you have problems with Verbatim DVD-R (and I presume you mean MCC03RG20 MID), that you do not actually have 1.22 installed. 1.21 has a known problem with recognising certain batches of this media.

Nero [U]cdspeed[/U] blocks scanning with Pioneer drives. You can release this block like described in the Samsung FAQ, as Samsung drives are also blocked, see http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803665-post.html
I tried this and it still doesn’t work with the new version of CD Speed :confused: anymore ideas ?

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1919796]:confused: anymore ideas ?[/QUOTE]Use an older version of CDSpeed, perhaps? :bigsmile:
You can run as many versions of CDSpeed as you like on the same computer, as the app doesn’t need to be “installed”.

I don’t that that problem but when I press start to do quality scan
it said not a function of the drive???
Even MY dvdrom can do quality scan and its a liteon
pioneer is a soso burner on a scale of 1 to 10, i’d give it a 5
1 to 5, i give it a 3.

[QUOTE=sugarmommyst;1920666]I don’t that that problem but when I press start to do quality scan
it said not a function of the drive???.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure any drive can do a quality scan, but Nero used undocumented features to implement the scanning in the Pioneer drives so the results were unreliable and therefore useless, so we asked them to remove said features.