Problem with my Lite-On

vbimport

I got a new Lite-On 40125S 3 weeks ago and it worked great... but now, whenever I try to burn a cd (with Nero or CDRWIN), it just starts the lead out but i never see the lens light up at all... then the burning process continues indefinitely, and the PC becomes unusable, I have to reboot and start over...

I have the newest ASPI, and my cables are correctly connected. What should I do?

perhaps a re-install of windows…

or try to re-install the burning progs

Yes that’s what I do as well.

First I try the problematic drive in another computer, if it works ok there I format my computer and reinstall fresh from the bottom again.

Maybe not the quickest solution, but it normally works.

After I upgraded from Win XP to win 2000 pro all my problems went away as well :stuck_out_tongue: Win XP is way to system houngry and definitively still in beta mode… maybe a SP will help.

In what century that was - III ?
Looks like you’re a frighteningly aged man. I wonder why they still need you in the army then ?
Is it lack of real men in Norway ?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

his nerves are taking over…he is starting to make mistakes…lol

After I upgraded from Win XP to win 2000 pro all my problems went away as well. Win XP is way to system houngry and definitively still in beta mode… maybe a SP will help.

Just built a new PC and was trying to decide whether to load Win2000 or WinXP on it. You just helped me make up my mind to load Win2000. :bow: