Problem with my display

vbimport

Hej,

I have got a new problem on my computer.
The monitor displays unsharp and like “pixelate” picture, and this is the same from when I turn on the computer ( when windows 7 is starting) and all the time,even dog when I use different applications.
On the other side, there are like regnbue colours/, horisonatal lines on the display which are changing according to different baggrounds on the display.
I have reinstalled the system,used all the possible updates for drivers for my screen and grafic card,tryed to see how the picture looks in safe mode, but it was the same as in normal mode, with all of this problems.
I’m wondering that the computer is showing that there are no problems with the grafic card and the screen too, it shows that they are working well.

What can I do?
Please help!

My computer is Acer Aspire 9300, grafic card is Nvidia GeForce Go 7300, 128 MB.

Is it a big problem?

To me it sounds like your graphics card is dying. To eliminate the possibility that it’s the display, output the video to another monitor if you have access to one.

Thank you very much.i will try to find anotger monitor and check on it,it can take time because I do not have one :frowning:

Best regards
janajark

Do you have a bootable CD, like a Windows disk or Linux? If not, download something like Puppy Linux, http://puppylinux.org/main/index.php?file=Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm, burn it to a CD and then boot from the CD just to see if you have the same problem, which if you do, means that the problem is hardware related, either the graphics card or the display. Just a thought.

I have a bootable cd, and I have try it. Display is the same,so it is definetly a hardware problem.i do not know what is worst,screen or grafic cark problem?
Or is it worth to try to do something or to bye a new one?

I have always been using Mac, and this was my first pc, now I know that I will newer ever bye pc anymore.Even I liked a lot windows 7 system and the way it was working…:o

I’m betting that the problem is the graphics card/chip, I’ve had similar problems when the video card is going bad. I don’t know what it will cost to fix, you will have to decide if it is worth it. Good luck and let us know what happens. :slight_smile:

I will :slight_smile:
Thank you very much :clap:

Hey :slight_smile:

My computer is working wery well with another display, soo the problem is in the display.

is it cheaper to repair it or change it?

[QUOTE=janajark;2523863]Hey :slight_smile:

My computer is working wery well with another display, soo the problem is in the display.

is it cheaper to repair it or change it?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I have no experience with replacing/repairing laptop displays so I don’t know which option is cheaper. Maybe you should double check the connections if you’re not afraid of opening your laptop. At least now you know for certain where the problem lies. Good luck Janajark. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.
I’m actually afraid og doing it alone, I have to find a good tehnician :slight_smile: