Problem with my ASUS 1608P2S / Pio DVR110

i kinda have a problem with my drive.
the issue is related to the drive itself. it writes good, but there is an annoying problem: with nero, it writes untill 100% and, instead of stopping, it begins to “re-write” the data!
the counter of nero starts from 0% to 100% again! i can’t explain why. if i stop the process, nero stops, it ejects the dvd and the media is fully functional. i can’t explain why the device doesn’t stop at the proper moment.
i shifted the fw from 8.39 to 8.37…the same problem. i would try to switch back to 1.17 (asus fw, but i can’t use the firmware update utility nor dvrupdate).
all i get the 2 infamous messages: “available target is not found” and “Step 1: to kernel mode, Error, because Scsi error with ASC:26 ASCQ:0!”, respectively.

is it any chance to fix my asus? or is it the time for another one?

U have verification enabled?

@ akon32,

Are you certain that you are not confusing Nero’s “Simulation” function with Nero’s “Write” (Burn) function?

Nero’s “Simulation” function runs all the steps involved in Writing (Burning) except actually activating the laser beam. If you have configured Nero both perform “Simulation” and also “Write” (Burn) functions at the same time Nero will first perform the “Simulation” function and then perform “Write” (Burn) function. When Nero is configured to both “Simulation” and “Write” it might appear that Nero is “Writing” (Burning) data twice but in actuality it is actually not.

From the description you have provided it appears that you have configured Nero to perform both the Nero “Simulation” function and the Nero “Write” (Burn) function both at the same time.

You need to closely review the Nero User Guide and note the information contained Simulation and Write descriptions.

Regards,
bjkg

It cannot, whatever Nero tells you.

Update or use a better burning app like cdburnerxp.

first of all, thanks for your replies.

“verify written data” or “simulation” are not enabled.
i couldn’t do such a mistake, since i’ve been using nero for quite a long time.
i have 2 burners: an lg and an asus/pio. i use the same options for both burners. lg works fine. asus doesn’t, since sunday.
i agree with chef that is impossible to really re-write the data (that’s why i have put the commas). it is impossible to re-write, but it sure indicates that.
in my first post i have stated that “if i stop the process, nero stops, it ejects the dvd and the media is fully functional”.
if the simulation option were enabled, the dvd+r/-r wouldn’t be fully functional, isn’t it? i have changed the media, same problem. that’s why i tried to change the fw.

why do i get the “available target is not found” and “Step 1: to kernel mode, Error, because Scsi error with ASC:26 ASCQ:0!” messages when i try to update the fw with flash utility and dvrupdate?
the only thing that worked was the dvrflash from “110_837_MAXRIP”

1. Simulation mode does what it say, simulate ONLY.

2. You get the error because the firmware you use is NOT for your drive. Also try to flash in SAFE MODE.