Problem with my 24102B and DAO96

When I burn an image using DAO96 in either Fireburner or Nero the CD becomes unreadable. It works great in CloneCD.

I’m running Windows XP Pro SP-1. I never had this problem before I installed SP-1. Could SP-1. be the problem or is there something else that is wrong?

If I burn the images files using TAO they works just fine.
Does anyone know why it is like this?
Should I install the ASPI drivers? I don’t need them right?

Hi there, are you by any chance trying to burn a playstation cd?

I also encountered the same problem.

Burned the bin/cue with nero set to dao/96 and it worked fine in PLaystation and the emulator. When I tried to make a copy, tons of errors came out…

Have you tried to convert the bin/cue to Clone CD and then burn them using Clone CD?

DAO96 is RAW uncorrected data. Meaning if you don’t have a RAW image file with uncorrected data, whatever you burn will turn into a coaster…
Use DAO16 instead :slight_smile:

Don’t think SP-1 has anything to do with it, unless it’s the same file burned fine before SP-1?

any ways to check if the image is raw or otherwise or if it’s written using uncorrected data?

Thanks!

Normal: 2048 bytes per sector
RAW: 2352 bytes per sector
RAW-DAO-96: 2448 bytes per sector

The image size must of course be a multiple of the sector size…so you can simply check which sector size the image size is a multiple of.

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]DAO96 is RAW uncorrected data. Meaning if you don’t have a RAW image file with uncorrected data, whatever you burn will turn into a coaster…
Use DAO16 instead :slight_smile:

Don’t think SP-1 has anything to do with it, unless it’s the same file burned fine before SP-1? [/B]

OK. I have used TAO instead. The point is that I have always used DAO96, and it has never turned me down before.

But when I think after I think I had this problem with a .bin file even before SP-1.

Is DAO16 better then TAO?

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]Normal: 2048 bytes per sector

The image size must of course be a multiple of the sector size…so you can simply check which sector size the image size is a multiple of. [/B]

Ohh OK thanks.
Normal, do you burn that using TAO?

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]Normal: 2048 bytes per sector

The image size must of course be a multiple of the sector size…so you can simply check which sector size the image size is a multiple of. [/B]

Ok. If it’s 2352 then I must use DAO. If it’s 2448, then I must use DAO/96.

Am I correct?

Originally posted by df78
[B]Ok. If it’s 2352 then I must use DAO. If it’s 2448, then I must use DAO/96.

Am I correct? [/B]

Yep. :slight_smile:

Thank you guys. It solved my problems. :bow: