Problem with Mitsui Golden Dye CD-R

I have bought a Mitsui Golden Dye spindel. Normaly they are from very good quality same as TY’s.
I’ve burned about 15cd’s they work fine but when i scan them on C1/C2 errors with K-probe CD/DVD i get alot of C1 errors and sometimes C2 errors too.
I scanned also a crappy platinum cdr and the C1 error rate wasn’t so high then the high quality Mitsui. Do i have a fucked up spindel or what ? I also tried at lower burn speed (16x & 24x), same problem then.

It’s a Liteon 40125S burner and i use Win2k sp3, Ahead Nero 5.5.9.6 and cdrwin 3.9.

Diskinfo (K-Probe)

• Platinum 700MB:
    Disc Type = CDR (A-)
    Manufacturer = RiTEK Corporation

• Mitsui
    Disc Type = CDR (C-)
    Manufacturer = Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.

Screenshots scan results:
Platinum:

Mitsui:

Forget about the spike of errors near the 60-minute mark - that’s just a problem with the 5-series LiteON drives.

About the media - your scans seem okay. Your RiTEK media is in fact higher quality than the current MAM Golden Dye. Mitsui has dropped in quality immensly over the last year or so since the takeover by CSI.

Hope that helps!

Thx for the info terminalvelocd, didn’t know that there was a problem wit hthe 5-series of LiteOn. Is this fixable with a firmware ? I use the latest now.
About the quality of Mitsui, everyone says that they have the best cdr’s (TY also) i searched on forums for this type before i bought it. I never buy this again, totaly shit. :frowning: On the webshop were i bought these, they say that these are High Quality Medium :confused:

The new Mitsuis aren’t great, but they aren’t terrible either. I’ll stick to RiTEK or Taiyo Yuden myself!

About your 5-series drive (LTR-40125S), you can upgrade it to a LiteON LTR-48125W like a member of this group (Dolphinus_Rex) has done. You must download a firmware flasher (e.g. MtkWinFlash), a copy of the latest LTR-48125W firmware directly download from LiteON, and a copy of LiteFirm to extract the firmware from the automatic flasher. Search around in the LiteON forum if you need more help. This may not solve the 60-minute problem, but you’ll get 48x-speed recording speed!! :bigsmile:

Hope that helps!!

Originally posted by wave666

I scanned also a crappy platinum cdr
Crappy Platinum ? God bless you w your opinion !

Those are one of the best I’ve ever had, of which I’ve always said here :

and here are my Mitsui :

Mitsui are not as brilliant as Platinum ( by Ritek ) and very inconsistent in quality.

So, the moral of the story is “not all that glitters is gold” ! :wink:

Hmm as i see the test results with the Liteon 52x average c1 error 0.123 average, i get 5.9 average with a Liteon 40x. Something wrong with my cd burner ??

Hehe. The CD freaks webshop sells also MAM-E Mitsui CDR 80 52x golden dye cdr’s:

• CDR 80 min / 700 MB
  • 100 % A-kwaliteit
  • 52x gecertifieerd

riight :confused:

Something wrong with my cd burner ??

Hehe. The CD freaks webshop sells also MAM-E Mitsui CDR 80 52x golden dye cdr’s:

• CDR 80 min / 700 MB
  • 100 % A-kwaliteit
  • 52x gecertifieerd

The reasons can be various.

No comments.

Hmm as i see the test results with the Liteon 52x average c1 error 0.123 average, i get 5.9 average with a Liteon 40x. Something wrong with my cd burner ??

The error rates on the 6 and 7-series drives are normally quite a bit lower than on the 5-series drives…