Problem with memorex dvd-r with plextor 708a

vbimport

hi

I wonder if there is anyone some have tried burning memorex dvd-r with plextor 708a without any problems when I burning a memorex dvd-r they will dont start in my dvd player I have plextor dvd 708a with firmware 1.09 and use nero to burning is memorex bad media to burning with plextor?

kenta2

What is the ADIP code for your Memorex media? You can check with DVD Identifier. This will tell us who the real manufacturer of your discs is.

Without checking the way G@M3FR3@K indicates, I only can tell you that I had no probs with Memorex -Rs so far.
I bought them in 10’s and 25’s with time intervals and at different shops, so maybe if there are different makers or different makes I probably got them.
The 10’s I got with the box and cake style.
The prob sometimes is that the drivers would not accept maximum speed for them.
If you ask it to find best speed or try several speeds and run in test mode not burn mode from the beginning, maybe can be an idea.
I use Nero and my driver lives inside an external firewire enclosure.
Good luck

Just to add I still have 1.04 firmware version+
I doubt it is the driver’s firmware fault…but, who knows?

G@M3FR3@K what means ADIP Code? I use DVD Identifier and analyse memorex dvd-r

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AE1]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

I returned memorex dvd-r and buyed fujifilm dvd-r and fujifilm worked good

is there any good program like DVD Identifier to analyse cd-r disc

many thanks all for help

There are lots of tools that are able to do this. One example is Plextor’s own CDVDInfo.

ADIP stands for the information stored on the DVDR/RW disc like manufacturer, revision, recording speed, available space, etc. For CD-R/RW media the same thing applies only then it’s referred to as ATIP code.